Customer Service Coordinator - Part-time (Bilingual) -Part Time $20/hr
Donor Milk Coordinator (Bilingual)
Join our team and help babies in need every day!
The New York Milk Bank is dedicated to improving the health and survival of infants by providing pasteurized donor milk when their mothers’ own milk is unavailable or insufficient. We are seeking a motivated and caring person to join our Milk Donor department. As part of our purpose-driven organization, this position plays a key role in helping to nourish premature and medically fragile babies so they can reach their full potential. The Donor Milk Coordinator is an essential position in achieving our mission, helping to ensure the collection, quality, and safety of human milk donated to the milk bank.
This is a part-time position. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm. On-site. $20/hour. Spanish speaking.
The Donor Milk Coordinator is a critical team member responsible for screening potential milk donors in English and Spanish. The coordinator will engage with milk donors using excellent written and verbal communication skills, receive and record milk donations, and coordinate sending materials to our donors and milk collection sites.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Screening potential milk donors via telephone
- Keeping donor records up to date, including emailing and faxing
- Greeting milk donors when they drop off milk at the milk bank
- Learning, understanding, and applying donor guidelines
- Keeping track of supplies
- Receiving and recording milk donations
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional customer service abilities with applicable work experience such as customer service or patient care representative
- College-level education preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Able to follow established protocols with significant attention to detail
- Possess planning and time management skills
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace and Microsoft Office (willing to train)
- Act in a professional manner
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Job Type: Part-time, non-exempt, on-site position. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 9:30 AM-4:30 PM
Location: Valhalla, NY
Required work authorization: United States
The New York Milk Bank is a nonprofit milk bank accredited by the Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA). Our mission is to provide safe, pasteurized donor human milk to babies in fragile health. The New York Milk Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
Weekly day range:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Valhalla, NY 10595: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please answer YES/NO. Can you work a PART TIME schedule 3 days a week, TU/W/TH - 9:30 AM-4:30 PM ?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: In person