About The Role:
AutoZone is looking for an ITIL experienced IT Service Management Engineer to be part of their growing team! This position is directly responsible for supporting and leading the Incident, Change and Problem Management practices. It’s a tough world, and someone has to navigate the obstacles in search of 100% availability. If you thrive in the challenge of helping IT reach this goal, you will love the opportunity to work for a world-class industry-leading company that is raising the bar on the delivery of IT services and seeking only the best candidates to accomplish this.
This role will drive resolution to all major incidents and problems within SLA and provide overall status of these efforts on a regular basis. Additional responsibilities include supporting the change management process and leading efforts to ensure our systems achieve maximum uptime.
Perform an analysis of both IT incidents and problems in order to proactively prevent the occurrence of further incidents and problems:
- Conducting a thorough analysis and preparing the Major Incident Report (MIR) for every major incident after it is closed.
- Ensuring that all the resolution procedures are updated in the known issues section of our IT support runbook
- Conducting a problem management review meeting with relevant members to identify the triggers for the major incidents, what caused them, and how to prevent such incidents happening in future.
- Ensuring that the causes of all major incidents are analyzed and root cause is identified (coordinating with all parties to the problem management process)
- Providing periodic reports on the overall status of the Major Incident Management process.
- Conducting the training / knowledge sharing sessions for new and existing team members to minimize the risk of impact at all stages
Developing documentation for consumption by end-users, service desk support agents, and other technical resources
Coordinating input from multiple cross-functional teams in real time and post event
Providing strategic direction on the types of problem management and incident management activities that will drive efficiencies across AutoZone’s enterprise
Driving runbook creation and improvements from known issues and those identified from major incidents
Acting quickly, pragmatically and assertively under pressure to prioritize and resolve technical issues.
Initiating action and being responsible for decisions to help IT at all levels in hitting continuous availability
Effectively planning, prioritizing and coordinating own and others’ activities
What Your Day Will Look Like:
AutoZoners have a contagious work ethic; including a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly, creatively and efficiently. We also expect a high sense of responsibility and the ability to influence others. As an expert in your field, we expect you to:
Ensure that sites and systems continuously and consistently run smoothly, optimally, efficiently and reliably
As an AutoZoner, you will be surrounded consistently by top tier talent (both onsite as well as remote); to effectively work with your team you will be expected to hold a high level of organization, detail orientation, and the ability to articulate issues clearly.
What We Would Like to See:
- Acting as a SPOC for the customer to provide the status update whenever a major incident occurs.
- Opening a bridge and involving all relevant support teams, continuing the discussions until the major incident is resolved.
- Coordinating with the respective SMEs for speedy resolution of the major incident. Taking the lead on the conversations to drive towards resolution using application architecture design and approach from layer to layer.
- Informing the key stakeholders on the status of the major incident and keeping them updated through service restoration. Be able to communicate in business terms is critical.
- Ensuring the major incident is resolved within SLAs agreed with the customer
- Understanding impact and urgency,and taking a balanced approach to enact preventive measures and minimize the service and business impact.
- Document processes, follow all ITIL best practices.
4-year degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, MIS or a related field required
Minimum of 5 years Incident & Problem Management experience
ITIL v3 foundations certification required
Experience communicating with stakeholders using appropriate language suitable for the technical understanding of the audience
Ability to communicate clearly with a range of people at various levels of the organization and explain and discuss technical issues using a range of styles, tools and techniques adapted to the audience
Significant attention to detail and accuracy
Strong analytical skills
Must be comfortable working in a high priority, fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
Ability to write technical documentation and create management reports and metrics
Ability to provide solutions as well as supervise incident and problem resolutions
Ability to successfully interface with a wide range of personnel within the organization
Work ethic aligned with company values
Positive demeanor that engages others in the best of scenarios and during times of high priority