Thank you for your interest in the Clinic Manager position with the Allegheny County Jail. If you have not already done so, please submit an online application and please be sure to attach your resume: https://alleghenycounty.us/Careers/Jail/Clinic-Manager.aspx Please note that you MUST submit an application and attach a resume in order to be considered. Thank you!
Department of Human Resources
414 Grant Street, 920 City-County Building
Pittsburgh PA 15219
Phone: (412) 350-6830
Job Title: Clinic Manager
Department: Bureau of Corrections
Salary: $5,833.33-$6,098.39 per month
How to Apply: Applications are submitted online until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online . A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Social Work or a related field AND at least three (3) years of experience in a health care environment, two (2) of which must have been in a supervisory capacity. Supervisory experiences shall include administrative functions with Physicians and Mid-levels. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
CPR certification must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
Experience in correctional health care, current PA licensure as a Registered Nurse, and/or experience with an Electronic Medical
Records system are preferred.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass a background check, which includes verification of Allegheny County Real Estate Tax status, and drug/medical examinations as required for the position.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Health Services Administrator (HSA) and Deputy Health Services Administrator (DHSA), the
Health Care Services Clinic Manager ensures that the overall administration and operations of the Allegheny County Jail Health Care
Services Clinic (Clinic) run efficiently and effectively while maintaining quality services within budget objectives. The Clinic
Manager leads, manages, trains and supervises Clinic Medical Records Department, and oversees the referral process to off-site medical appointments. The Clinic Manager establishes and ensures clinic flow by serving as a liaison between provider needs and clinical resources, and acts as liaison and first point of contact with the Allegheny County Jail partner health network (Allegheny
- Oversees evaluation, treatment and consultation services provided by staff to inmates in the Clinic.
- Works with the Clinic staff to ensure that each employee understands his/her job description, expectations of the work, and resources available to achieve results.
- Monitoring of the staff performance/productivity of medical providers and collaborating to increase performance and efficiency in processes.
- Acts as liaison and point of contact to the contracted medical providers in areas related to medical services.
- Participates in Quality Improvement program by monitoring key areas within the Clinic, reporting data and developing quality improvement plans as required.
- Routinely conducts utilization review of clinic and other healthcare resources.
- Fulfills on-call duties when serving as Healthcare Duty Officer.
- Collaborates with HSA, DHSA, and Medical Director to establish policies and procedures for the Clinic operations in order to meet regulatory requirements.
- Trains and develops Clinic staff with ongoing direction from the HSA and DHSA.
The County of Allegheny is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ensures that all pre-service, onboarding and training requirements for Allegheny Health Network employees are completed prior to commencement of work in the Allegheny County Jail.
- Oversees medical supply inventory; monitors equipment and devices and assures established maintenance schedules are met.
- Ensures the collection and documentation of required information for each inmate (e.g., appropriate primary complaint; past medical, history and physicals examinations, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each inmate, etc.).
- Oversees provided medical orders for prescription refills, ancillary testing, and/or referrals.
- Oversees the procurement of medical records, upon inmate/designee, request in accordance with all confidentiality laws.
- Oversees and provides supervision to the Medical Records Department to include process improvement and administrative functions (e.g. scheduling, professional development)
- Ensures compliance with all required federal and state standards, laws and regulations as directed by regulatory and accrediting organizations (e.g., ACA, NCCHC, CLIA).
- Ensures that inmate confidentiality is maintained per HIPAA standards.
- Assures that all pertinent inmate test results are available on the medical record at the time of the clinic appointment.
- Monitors staff performance and productivity; provides feedback to HSA, Deputy HSA, Director of Nursing and Medical
Director as needed.
- Addresses staff concerns and resolves problems in consultation with the HSA, DHSA, Deputy Warden, Warden, Human
Resources and/or appropriate County representatives.
- Coordinates Clinic Staffing needs with Director of Nursing.
- Attends all staff and other meetings as requested or required; leads meetings as appropriate.
- Ensures accuracy and completion of the contracted medical providers work schedules.
- Performs other related duties as requested or required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The healthcare delivery system.
- Principles and practices of leadership and supervision of employees.
- Ethics of confidentiality.
- Practice professional and courteous behavior at all times.
- Provide innovative input into the development of the clinic and its processes.
- Maintain appropriate licensure and certification including meeting and/or exceeding CEUs requirements.
- Demonstrate efficiency, organizational skills and accuracy in performance of the work.
- Supervise and direct clinical, administrative and support personnel, and plan, monitor and evaluate the work of self and others.
- Communicate effectively with jail administrative staff and leadership, physicians, and other clinical staff.
- Adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks in a stressful environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Develop and generate reports and utilize relevant software systems (i.e. OMS, etc).
Veterans’ Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
The County of Allegheny is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $5,833.33 to $6,098.39 /month
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- home health: 1 year (Preferred)
- home care: 1 year (Preferred)
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off