You LOVE making lists and staying on top of EVERYTHING. You understand that marketing is FUN, fast-paced and high energy. When you hear about an exciting new product launch, your mind starts racing with deadlines, calendars and organizing the team documents, goals and internal tools. You’re an encyclopedia of all recent brand launches in the beauty category. You love brainstorming and thinking of creative ideas like giveaways, sweepstakes, gift with purchases, etc...
Does it sound like we just described you perfectly? If so, keep reading. We really can’t wait to meet you!
About the role
The DERMAFLASH marketing team is looking for an all-star project manager to join our DERMAFLASH family. The best person for this role will have a keen eye for detail and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing, this individual will assist in the development marketing collateral for both traditional and digital channels. This individual will also own all project timelines and general team organizational needs.
Monitors and analyzes the beauty category on a regular basis and presents monthly recaps to the marketing team in an effort to keep everyone abreast of innovation trends and competitive launches.
Aggressively monitors project timelines and deliverables, working with key internal partners to ensure category programs, requests, and requested collateral adhere to deadlines and costs.
Responsible for preparing and leading briefings for creative kick offs and for and minor copy requests
Monitors trends within social media to ensure brand is making most use of each social media platform and using all available tools (i.e. Instagram TV, Twitter polls, etc...).
Maintains a database of all current creative vendors and proactively reaches out to prospective vendors to understand pricing and availability (i.e. – photographers, videographers, retouchers, etc...)
Assist the Senior Director of Brand Marketing in pulling research/consumer insights, competitive examples etc for product launches
In partnership with Graphic Designer, continually maintain and organize all creative and marketing collateral on company’s Dropbox.
- Bachelor’s Degree. At least 5-7 years in marketing role; agency or client-side
- Should be a self-starter, accountable and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects with multiple partners at one time.
- Must have strong business acumen, highly detail-oriented with unprompted follow-through.
- Must possess strong analytical, creative, and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing, communication and negotiation skills
- Must have a natural ability to build and nurture relationships with members of cross-functional teams.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
What Sets You Apart
- We would jump for joy if you had experience working in the beauty prestige industry! If you don’t have experience in beauty, you need to have a strong interest in the beauty category.
- Track record of being detail-oriented and organized while still working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
What’s In It For You
- A group of co-workers who will quickly feel like a family
- A beauty company in DOWNTOWN Chicago
- Team outings at the hottest restaurants and lounges on the scene
- Free snacks...because everyone on this team believes in good food!
- The opportunity to work with senior leadership (Founder/CEO, CFO, VP of Marketing, General Manager) more often than you would at any other company
- Constant laughter throughout the day
- Being part of a team that continuously breaks sales records, produces strategically sound and uniquely creative marketing campaigns.
DERMAFLASH represents a new paradigm in beauty. This first-in-class patented device was inspired by the in-spa facial treatment “dermaplaning”. DERMAFLASH uses a subtle sonic vibration and a proprietary Edge to simultaneously remove the oldest layer of dead skin cells and built-up debris while painlessly sweeping away unwanted vellus hair.
This revolutionary tool offers immediate results with no downtime. Smooth, radiant, camera-ready skin is instantly revealed. DERMAFLASH has quickly become the go-to tool for celebrities and their makeup artists because, like a magic wand, it allows skin care to do its job more effectively and creates a flawless canvas for makeup.