As a premier home builder in the New Braunfels area, Summit Oak Homes has been blessed to see growth enough to need a part time position filled.
Work hours are 8 AM - 5 PM on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday with flexibility provided for the right applicant.
This is a part time position that has the potential for full time employment.
Office Duties: this list is not* necessarily exhaustive and not limited to.*
Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; and other general clerical functions.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office procedures
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Scanning documents for digital filing of job related paperwork, answering phones, greeting clients
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Bookkeeping: this list is not* necessarily exhaustive and not limited to.*
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner (on schedule)
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Issue financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
The perfect candidate should have at a minimum, an Associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the Quick Books accounting software package (2+ years). A basic knowledge of residential construction is preferred but not required.
Those with work experience without degree, feel free to send resume.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 3 years