Merakey is currently seeking a Co-Occurring Therapist to join our Community Treatment Team
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Consult with Psychiatrist and Primary Care Physicians on the effects of addiction on mental and physical health, and assist in determining appropriate course of treatment for individuals with co-occurring disorders.
- Consult on the appropriate prescription of medications to individuals with substance abuse disorders.
- Collaborate with the registered nurses in assessment of individual's physical health, making appropriate referrals to community physicians for further assessment and treatment, and in coordination of medical, psychiatric and substance abuse treatment.
- Provide ongoing support, as well as counseling and education to team members, individuals and family members of individuals to help them become more knowledgeable about substance abuse disorders.
- Submit written reports and oral testimony and presentation of opinion in commitment and other legal proceedings as necessary.
- Attend organizational staff meetings and treatment planning meetings as requested to assess patient status and progress, to coordinate treatment activities and to develop treatment solutions in support of CTT staff.
- Assist with staff training and education as necessary.
- Assist in establishing community relationships and linkages to community supports in enhancement of the CTT program.
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at Sabina.Tobak @merakey.org.
MERAKEY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $21.11 per hour
- co-occurring substance abuse/mental health disorders: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- (CADC) or CAADC (Preferred)
- Do you have a reliable vehicle?