Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive Surgical is the pioneer and global technology leader in robotic-assisted, minimally invasive surgery. We are one of the fastest-growing medical device organizations globally, with 25,000 surgeons utilizing our da Vinci system to treat more than one million patients every year. We operate in more than 60 countries and are expanding rapidly to address a global patient population that could benefit from the minimally invasive capabilities of our technology.
Must be concurrently enrolled and returning to an academic program in the fall in an accredited degree-seeking program.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking strong academic achievers and high capacity students for our Finance, Accounting and Sales Operations University Hiring Program. We challenge our interns to learn and apply leading finance, accounting, and analytic principles to a broad range of opportunities Intuitive faces across its commercial, manufacturing, and product operations organizations. The goal of our University Hiring Program is to build a pipeline of diverse, motivated, high achieving students to help fuel the expansion of Intuitive’s greatest asset; our people.
Roles and Responsibilities:The intern will work on activities which may include:
- Develop financial models and provide insights and analysis on the ROI of key investments and resourcing decisions
- Apply finance, accounting and analytic principles to assist in core budgeting, forecasting and business planning activities
- Presentation of insights and recommendations to decision makers and executives
- Assist in the execution or monitoring of month- and quarter-end financial close
- Provide technology or reporting solutions (SAP, EDW, Tableau, etc.)
- Grow the team’s technical subject matter expertise with summer project(s)
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Completion of at least 2 years of undergraduate studies before start of internship
- Desired Major(s): Finance, Accounting, Business, Math, Economics or related field
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; experience with SQL is a plus
- Deep desire to learn and acquire new skills
- Highly self-motivated, curious, and comfortable with ambiguous challenges, takes initiative to tackle challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) with the team, collaborative work style
- High integrity with the ability to handle confidential information and data appropriately
- Experience working with data (wrangling, cleaning, summarizing, etc.), including at least one major quantitative research project desired (e.g., stats or econometrics term papers)
Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2020.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Authorization to work in the US is a prerequisite for employment
Sponsorship of work visa is not available