The Direct Response Manager of Membership will closely collaborate with the Senior Director on strategies to build the membership program by acquiring, renewing, upgrading and stewarding memberships through $1,499 via mail, digital, telemarketing and onsite channels to ensure a base of support and build the individual giving pipeline to support the mission of Shedd Aquarium.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to Shedd's vision, mission and values.
- Collaborate with Senior Director, direct response vendor(s) and Shedd staff as appropriate on strategies to grow and meet Membership revenue of $3.1M+ annually.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, other members of the Development Office and Shedd staff to reorient the Membership program to a more balanced, multi-channel program.
- Collaborate with Senior Director, direct response vendor(s) and Shedd staff as appropriate on strategies to grow and meet Membership new, renewal and upgrade annual targets
- Fine tune and analyze for effectiveness the renewal program, including schedule channels and messages.
- Work with direct response vendor(s) and Shedd staff as appropriate to create and write acquisition, renewal & upgrade campaigns, incorporating multiple, integrated channels.
- Collaborate with Senior Director and other teams as appropriate to develop on-site conversion campaigns.
- Develop and create meaningful stewardship opportunities to increase engagement, including email and other communication and exclusive educational programs.
- Collaborate with Senior Director to develop highly segmented communication and solicitation streams across channels. Analyze for effectiveness.
- Develop solicitation and communication testing strategies. Analyze for effectiveness and make recommendations from learnings for next steps.
- Work with Director of Development Operations and Analytics to develop reports as necessary. Consistently analyze data for trends and results and report out. Make strategy recommendations based on data driven analytics.
- Ability to analyze and make data driven strategic decisions to move the program forward.
- Serve as the lead on the annual Membership Loyalty Event
- Work collaboratively with all areas of Individual Giving within the Development Office to advance fundraising goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum B.A. degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience of fundraising experience successfully working with either Membership or Annual Giving programs.
- Successful track record of assisting with implementing programs and strategies to acquire, renew, upgrade and steward members and/or donors.
- Effective verbal and written communication as well as analytical skills are essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of development and implementation of data driven direct response strategies within either a membership and/or annual giving program.
- Must be a strategic thinker.
- Abreast of current direct marketing trends.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, ability to meet stringent deadlines, and handle multiple priorities.
- Must be comfortable working in a team-oriented environment.