Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is currently seeking a Mental Health Clinician to join our behavioral health team at the John T. Montford Unit, located in Lubbock Texas. Come see why TTUHSC has been continuously been recognized as a top college to work for as well as an employer of choice!
TTUHSC Managed Care provides health services to approximately 30,000 patients in 27 correctional facilities at 23 geographical locations throughout the West Texas sector, dating from 1989. Through a broad range of comprehensive services, TTUHSC positively impacts patient lives, including many who previously never had access to qualify health care.
The Montford Unit is part of the Managed Care program and functions as a Regional Medical Center and Psychiatric Unit for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ). This unit operates 24 hours/7 days a week and specializes in housing inmates who require mental health and specialty medical treatment. At capacity, the unit houses 1,078 male inmates with 550 beds available in psychiatric care, 400 inmates in the Trusty Camp, 30 holding beds, 50 Ward (M/S) beds, 44 long-term care beds, and 4 specialty care (step-down) beds.
This is responsible professional position with limited administrative and supervisory duties at the unit level. Specific duties include testing, psychological evaluation and diagnostic services as well as counseling assigned patient caseload. This position functions under the supervision of a higher level licensed psychologist, but the individual has full professional responsibility for higher actions and advice.
- Master's degree in psychology or related field from an accredited college or university.
Benefits include, but not limited to:
- 100% employer paid Health/RX insurance for full time employees; 50% employer paid for dependents.
- Options dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick, and holiday comp. Time will increase with years of state service.
- Retirement pension plan through the Teachers Retirement of Texas system.
- Free sources for continuing education credits.
- Paid Professional Liability Insurance.
EEO Statement- As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location