Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for the Department of Veterans Affairs? We’re looking for an engineer who can create solutions for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a Cybersecurity engineer on our project, you’ll provide technical engineering services for the support of integrated security systems and solutions. You’ll coordinate work with in-house teams to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you’ll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You’ll lead the team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to make a difference in the security of healthcare privacy. Your technical expertise will be vital as you help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices like network topologies, intrusion detection, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and other Cybersecurity practices and tools. You’ll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like extensive expertise in all aspects of Cybersecurity with a vast array of IT systems involving end user, including enterprise-level networks while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure. Join our team as we improve healthcare for millions of customers through Cybersecurity.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with engineering, implementing, and monitoring security measures for the protection of systems, networks, and information
- Experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining Cybersecurity solutions
- Experience with protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and networks hardened against attacks, and securing sensitive data
- Experience with security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentications systems, log management, and content filtering
- Experience with Cybersecurity tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED and 18+ years of experience with systems security engineering or BS degree in CS, IT, or Engineering and 10+ years of experience with systems security engineering
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Experience with working in a Cyber defense operations team, hunting advanced adversaries, and performing log analysis, including using Splunk, packet capture analysis, and malware analysis
- Experience with monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to Cyber events and incidents
- Experience with supporting dynamic Cyber defense and deliver operational effects, including intrusion detection, prevention and situational awareness, and data spillage
- Experience with maintaining a secure Cyber environment through configuration management, administration, and response actions
- Experience with configuring and analyzing network defense systems, including IDS/IPS, SIEM, and firewalls
- Experience with providing team leadership for Cyber defense operations teams and complex projects
- Experience with Web-related technologies, including Web applications, Web services, service-oriented architectures, and network or Web-related protocols
- Experience with NIST security controls, the governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) security documentation tool, the Risk Management Framework (RMF), and security compliance
- Public Trust clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.