ISO New England oversees the 24/7 operation of the power grid that covers the six-states of New England and administers the region’s $10+ billion “stock exchange” for the buying and selling of wholesale electricity. The power system is constantly evolving as new technologies emerge and energy policies evolve. There is a lot going on at our organization behind the scenes to make sure the grid continuously yields reliable electricity at competitive prices while addressing the unique challenges that come along with our industry.
Senior Business Analyst – PMO
The ISO employee in this position will participate in various PMO projects and be involved in the project lifecycle from reviewing the business requirements and technical design through project testing and implementation. The major focus for this position will be to work closely with the project testing team to develop test plans and perform various testing tasks. The candidate should possess a good aptitude for learning various technologies and also have strong communication skills. The person in this position will get a great exposure to many business functions along with various technologies within the organization.
- Reviewing and understanding business requirements, solutions and models
- Reviewing and understanding technical design documents and systems analysis
- Developing test plans based on business requirements by working with various cross functional business units
- Developing test plans based on technical specifications and system architecture for testing various system interfaces. This requires a good aptitude for learning various technologies.
- Performing test execution
- Leading various testing teams as needed
- Scripting and managing cross functional business acceptance test
Location / Benefits:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Business Administration, and/or significant related experience
- Senior Business Analyst: 4 to 6 years experience
- Lead Business Analyst: 6 to 8 years experience
- Principal Business Analyst 8 plus years experience
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to develop relationships
- Proficiency in Office Applications
- Strong project management and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in SQL, Visual Basic and Oracle Business Intelligence are a plus
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.