As the region's only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center (HMC) is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD, Center for Advanced Reconstruction and Rehabilitation (CARER), and mentally-and medically- vulnerable populations. In addition to the centers of emphasis, HMC serves a mission population for King County. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region. HMC is owned by King County and managed by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The UW is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
Harborview Medical Center's Mental Health and Addiction Services has an outstanding opportunity for a Temporary/Hourly PROGRAM ASSISTANT.
Under general supervision, this position provides program support to the daily operations, data entry, and reporting requirements of the Mental Health and Addictions BHO Management programs and other programs of Harborview Mental Health and Addiction Services. The major duties of this position will be to provide clerical, organizational and data entry support for the Mental Health and Addictions BHO programs. The position will report to the business operations supervisor for HMHAS with task supervision by the Information Systems Analyst for HMHAS.
- Establish and maintain records and files, record statistical information.
- Prepare narrative and/or statistical reports regarding program operations.
- Complete and maintain compliance with data reporting requirement for program contracts.
- Coordinate arrangements for program activities such as meetings, conferences.
- Schedule appointments and meetings as required.
- Use spreadsheet and data base software to develop and maintain records.
- Use King County site for uploading and downloading of critical patient data.
- Data entry into the Epic Care system including QI of BHO data.
- Use graphics software and make recommendations regarding appropriate display of graphic information.
- May order, receive, and maintain inventory.
- May use desk top publishing software.
- May direct the work of others; as assigned may liaison with community agencies/resources.
- Record keeping and data collection as assigned.
- Ensures confidentiality of documents.
- Manages forms, correspondence, and projects as assigned.
- May organize meetings and take minutes as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
CORE VALUE COMPETENCIES
- Quality of work.
- Mission centered professional practice.
- Interpersonal skills. • Integrity and compassion.
- Patient care advocacy.
- Team work/collaborative practice.
- Customer service.
- Respect for patient confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective communication and service excellence skills.
- Clerical and database knowledge/skill using a variety of software and equipment.
- Ability to remain organized in a fast paced setting.
As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position click here.
High school graduation or equivalent
Two years of full-time clerical experience
Two years of full-time health care or data entry experience.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.