Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
QUALITY TECHNICIAN II
About the role:
Provide Quality Technician support to commercial and development manufacturing lines ensuring delivery of the highest quality product to the customer while supporting continuous improvement projects and quality initiatives. This is a dynamic support role requiring cross-functional collaboration with production, manufacturing, and quality team members. This role includes responsibility for providing day-to-day quality support for manufacturing, including the processing of non-conforming product, certifying builders, responding to quality signals, and performing process monitor verifications. This role also includes continuous improvement projects and quality initiatives and potential supports acquisitions.
Your responsibilities include:
What we’re looking for:
- Provides technical assistance to engineering for yield fallout investigations, process monitor signals, manufacturing instruction compliance, product containment bounding, and corrective and preventive actions.
- Assists engineers in providing manufacturing support by training operators on processes and engineering changes.
- Develops knowledge of manufacturing practices and procedures.
- Learns and executes process improvement techniques by assisting engineers in researching and validating changes in processes/equipment and test methods to improve yield, quality, and/or reduce cycle time per established procedures or other continuous improvement projects.
- Learns traceability and inspection requirements, statistical process control criteria, learns how to develop manufacturing instructions.
- Assists engineers in collecting, compiling, measuring, organizing and recording data, and by writing procedures. May keep lab notebook.
- May own and drive Non-Conforming Event and Prevention (NCEP)s.
- May assist Engineers in CAPA activities
- May learn and perform Test Methods to conduct testing for product acceptance through NCEP investigation
- Associate’s degree (or equivalent)
- 1-2 years of related manufacturing experience
- Self-starter with the ability to identify improvement opportunities
- Able to work independently under limited supervision as well as in a team environment
- Able to read, understand, and communicate procedural requirements in English
- Able to perform basic data analysis and understand statistical analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Associate’s degree in technical discipline
- 2 years of quality or manufacturing experience in medical device industry
- Familiarity with product/component inspection and testing and Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Experience within Boston Scientific Quality system
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Nearest Major Market:
Medical, Technician, Medical Technology, Engineer, Healthcare, Technology, Quality, Engineering