The Executive Consultant I provides expert consulting services, analysis and coordination support to assist transformation efforts. The ideal candidate has experience with strategic planning; organizational change management and communications; and, meeting design and facilitation. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide thought leadership and expert meeting design and facilitation to drive inter-agency change initiatives, and to address complex and far-reaching natural disaster-related issues.
- Serve a leading role to effectively engage the customer, deliver presentations, lead customer workshops and meetings, and to assist groups in resolving issues.
- Maintain a strategic view of all meetings and their inter-dependencies to ensure the outcomes from each meeting serve the greater purpose of disaster mitigation and resiliency.
- Meet with the client and senior leaders regularly to understand the purpose, intent, and desired outcomes for workshops, meetings, stakeholder engagement events, and public-facing documents and communication products.
- Think strategically, manage risks, translate strategies into actionable plans, and develop or provide key input into project schedules and deliverables.
- Design and deliver organizational change management approaches focused on stakeholder engagement, adoption, and communication.
- Coordinate meeting-related tasks and review work products for completeness and adherence to client requirements.
- Take primary responsibility for development of a process agenda, which includes the meeting timeline and speaking notes/scripts for each presenter.
- Develop content and slides for speaker presentations.
- Handle meeting logistics (for example, participant agendas, invites, conference room reservations, meeting materials, summaries, minutes, and so forth).
- Coordinate with the client and key stakeholders frequently to facilitate completion of action items.
- Track meeting-related action items for the internal project team as well as the leadership group, individual working groups and committees.
- Maintain the SharePoint repository.
- Develop communication products to convey information and facilitate buy-in.
- Develop conclusions and recommendations, write reports, and assist with briefings and presentations.
- Coordinate the development of communications to be presented to senior leadership, Congress, and the Administration.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members, when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (for example, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Communication, Journalism, Business, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Leadership, Organizational Change Management, or Political Science)
- One of the following is required: PMP, CAPM or CMP certification
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and operate in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role, when necessary.
- A detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts and approaches.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including writing white papers and delivering formal presentations.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and summarize complex documents and information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- An experienced leader with appropriate industry experience.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is "politically savvy" and a team player.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in a related field, including 10 years of meeting facilitation for federal government customers
- FEMA experience preferred; FIMA experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
MUST BE US CITIZEN AND CLEARABLE
SRE, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or marital status.
SRE is an SBA Certified 8a, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB/VOSB), and SBA Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Certified Small Business.