The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community at all times. This involves ensuring a safe and secure living environment for residents, visitors and staff. The Maintenance Technician will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor.
General Duties & Responsibilites are as follows:
- Diagnoses and performs minor or routine maintenance or repair, as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- HVAC systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans
- Gas features
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Boiler, gas and electric
- Door locks, PO Boxes and locks
- Ceiling leaks
- Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pol furniture
- Assists in all make-ready repairs as required to meet deadlines.
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa/ as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to dumpster when necessary.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Assists in preparation for adverse weather conditions (ie. Ice melt application) and snow removal.
Position requires at least 1 year of experience in property maintenance or equivalent field.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts