Our past is full of iconic moments but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
- Responsible for managing all employee relation matters to ensure all employees are treated fairly, provided with competitive wages, benefits and sound working conditions; Also, responsible for maintaining strong communication links between managers and employees; and providing an attractive, challenging, and fun environment in which to work.
- Interact daily with management and employees to insure an open line of communication is maintained in order to identify and address any issues, needs, and/or concerns as they arise.
- Conduct exit interviews and attend unemployment hearings.
- Assist with recruitment and interviewing both non-exempt and exempt employees.
- Assist in the development and administration of the DC Recognition Program.
- Coach and facilitate management towards the resolution of employee/management issues.
- Conduct all investigations regarding discrimination, sexual harassment, and employee disputes.
- Identify and address diversity issues.
- Formulate business strategies with respect to maintaining a diverse workforce, low turnover, and respect among all levels within the organization.
- Evaluate and conduct salary and benefit programs to ensure we are providing a comprehensive and competitive compensation package.
- Provide guidance and assistance to all employees relative to their benefits and payroll.
- Advise on employment law.
- Providing guidance and interpretation of current employment law.
- Develop and facilitate training on Sexual Harassment, Discrimination.
- Draft, develop, create and administer the DC policies (Discrimination, sexual harassment, attendance, corrective action plans).
- Keep abreast of trends and changes is employment legislation.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication with Corporate and other distribution centers in order to share ideas, and develop solutions to existing programs, policies and procedures.
- Interface with government agencies, educational institutions, and Human Resources Organizations for the purpose of keeping abreast of new legislation, changes in the Human Resources field as well as to establishing a network within the HR community.
- Must possess a sound knowledge of management-labor relations, employment law, practices and procedures within Human Resources Management.
- Excel, Word 97 skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to make sound independent decisions
- Must possess leadership skills (initiative, self-starter, influential, and drive)
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Comfortable with conducting presentations
- BA/BS, preferably in Human Resources or related field
- 5 years Human Resources experience
- Distribution experience preferred
- Ability to travel periodically as needed for training, conferences, and recruitment
- Able to stand, walk, and speak effectively
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five on the clock hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employees base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Human Resources: 5 years (Preferred)