GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
DPS is seeking an experienced manufacturing Controller to lead a growing internal accounting team. This individual will be a key team member providing financial leadership to all departments of the organization including, manufacturing, sales, marketing, and product development. As a trusted advisor to the executive management team, the Controller is expected to oversee the tactical finance and accounting function within the company.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all accounting operations and lead the growing finance team
- Maintain general ledger and chart of accounts
- Maintain accounting portion of company ERP system and, working with IT, ensure proper integration with other departments.
- Complete all month-end and year-end closings
- Reconcile all Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts as part of the monthly close process
- Coordinate preparation of the monthly reporting package with external part-time CFO
- Manage the budget process and provide guidance to Departmental Managers to ensure budget compliance
- Manage product cost calculations and reporting and provide guidance on cost reduction opportunities
- Develop and monitor key business performance metrics
- Report risk issues and potential opportunities to the COO/CFO
- Oversee regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Suggest and implement operational best practices within the finance and accounting department
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Provide fiscal and procedural guidance to all departments to implement sound accounting procedures
- Proven experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing and reporting product costs, bills of materials, and routings in ERP system
- Experience with inventory management
- Confidence to play a leadership role within the organization and be part of the executive team
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges and priorities of a young, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with complex ERP-accounting system preferred (DPS uses IQMS)
- Understanding and experience with multiple currencies
- Ability to analyze existing operations and recommend and implement policies, procedures, and systems
- Ability to present reports accurately and concisely to the CFO and/or executive management team
- Ability to motivate, coach and develop junior accounting professionals
- International business experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, CPA, MBA or MAcc a plus
- Work occasional evening and weekends during periods of heavy workload or to meet deadlines
- Sit/stand and use a personal computer for long periods of time
- Limited travel may be required
- The preferred start date is: ASAP.
- This job is located at DPS HQ in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah.
Located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains in Salt Lake City, Utah, DPS designs the world’s most advanced ski products by fusing space age carbon technology with groundbreaking shapes. DPS is responsible for the world’s first and only pure pre-pregnated carbon fiber sandwich ski, the first 120mm-waisted powder pintail, the first rockered ski with sidecut, the Spoon – a convex three-dimensional shoveled ski with radical edge bevel and Phantom, a paradigm-shifting permanent, one time application environmentally friendly base-coating that eliminates the need for waxing skis and snowboards. DPS products are sold on five continents and are the trusted brand of choice for serious skiers worldwide.