All applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers
Job Opens 1/23/21 - Closes 1/25/21
Salary is $18.49 Per Hour. PSE Sales Service and Distribution Associates must be available to work on an as needed basis including weekends and holidays. Qualified applicants must be 18 years or older and be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status. Also must pass Postal Service EXAMs 421 & 477. Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment screening including a drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free. And also pass a background check.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window such as maintaining sufficient inventory of and selling stamps, stamped paper, other retail products and services and may use a computerized system. Accepting and delivering packages and accountable mail. Issuing and cashing foreign and domestic postal money orders. Accepting and responding to customer claims and inquires. And providing information to the public regarding postal regulations.
2. Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout. Determining special interests and referring to sales and promotional programs. Offers assistance in product selection, provides special assistance, and answers customer inquiries when needed.
3. Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers. Suggestive selling related merchandise, promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding product features and services.
4. Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale system. Assists customers with transactions.
5. Maintains appearance of store by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks. Ensures display and selling areas, work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers.
6. Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand. Attaches and removes security devices, accounts for items on display. And verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
7. May verify presort and bulk mailings of all classifications computing and maintaining on a current basis mailers credit balances.
8. Checks and sets post office stamp vending machines and postage meters.
9. Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.
10. In addition, may assign and clear accountable items.
11. Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of incoming mail by delivery point based on a knowledge of the distribution scheme established in the office, branch or station.
12. Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of outgoing mail for dispatch based on knowledge of current distribution schemes.
13. Follows established safe work methods, procedures and safety precautions while performing all duties.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
BENEFIT INFORMATION: Non-career 360-day term with possibility of reappointment. May lead to career position. Benefits include PTO at 1 Hour for every 20 Hours in pay status, holiday pay for 6 holidays, and pay raises per APWU National Agreement. Immediately eligible for USPSHB Plan with a $125 employer premium contribution. Contribution towards greater than Self Only is 65% (75% if reappointed). Upon a conditional reappointment to a 2nd 360-day term after a break in service of no more than 5 days, eligible for: health insurance under FEHB with Postal premium contributions towards APWU CDHP; dental and vision insurance through FEDVIP; flexible spending accounts through FSAFEDS and long term care insurance through FLTCIP. Wounded Warrior leave available if eligible
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $18.49 per hour
- Monday to Friday
We provide our employees with mask and gloves.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page: