This is a Washington Air National Guard Title 32 Excepted Service Bargaining Unit Technician position:
SUPPORT STAFF ASSISTANT
141 CMT FT, FAIRCHILD AFB WA
INDEFINITE EXCEPTED SERVICE
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
A GS-0303-7, SUPPORT STAFF ASSISTANT:
Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the Commander's support functions. Serves as the primary advisor to the commander for all unit KM support functions.
Performs Functional Area Records Manager (FARM) duties for assigned area.
Processes, controls, and delivers official communications.
Performs functional area publishing management duties under the Content Management Program.
Performs duties as unit awards monitor or alternate. Ensures that the awards and decorations roster is current.
Prepares correspondence, reports and requests to support full time personnel actions, to include promotion, periodic increases and termination.
Performs or assists with a variety of military personnel programs including appointments, enlistments, separations, promotions, duty assignments, transfers, officer and enlisted evaluations, Line of Duty (LOD) actions, retirements, payroll actions, leave, non-judicial actions, selective retention, Unit Training Assembly (UTA) and Rescheduled Unit Training Assembly (RUTA) attendance, and other personnel and pay actions.
- The above duty description doesn't contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD# D2171P01). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
E-4/ SRA - E-6/ TSGT
Compatible Military Assignments:
- Applicants need not be assigned to the position or possess the AFSC to apply or be considered for selection. Selected applicant must be assigned to a compatible Military position and attain AFSC within 1 year of appointment action.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Must maintain membership in the WA National Guard for continued employment.
- MUST ATTEND ALL NECESSARY SCHOOLS
- Conducts travel to and from offsite worksite(s) from the normal work area to perform assigned duties.
- This may include Operating Locations (OL) and/or Geographically Separated Units (GSUs). Due to distances involved, travel may involve one or more overnight stays.
- This is an indefinite position. If an individual employed in the excepted civil service accepts this position, he/she will receive an indefinite appointment. If a Reduction-In-Force occurs the indefinite appointee will have no reemployment rights to his/her former position or any other position. If funding level and employee manning levels permit, incumbent may be converted to permanent technician status without further competition.
Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 12 months experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws. Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions. Experience demonstrating the ability to advise lower graded employees. Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
High School Diploma or GED.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience:
To receive credit for Education, you must provide transcripts or other documentation of proof to support your Educational claims.
- If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
- Military Technicians are ineligible for enlistment, retention, and student loan repayment bonuses. Acceptance of a Technician position will terminate these incentives.
- Military Technicians in the excepted service will wear the appropriate uniform while performing as a Technician.
- Veteran's preference does not apply to National Guard Technician positions in accordance with Title 32 USC 709 (f).
The WA National Guard is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be filled without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, or political affiliation.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. You may also be excluded from consideration if you indicate that you are unwilling to accept the lower grade and a determination is made that you are not qualified at the higher grade. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Verbiage displayed on your resume or application must contain your own words. You may refer to position descriptions, i.e. the general and specialized experience located within the vacancy announcement, to assist with describing work experiences; however, resumes or applications received in verbatim will not be considered. In your resume you will need to address the general and specialized experience listed below. Please use as much detail as needed, giving dates (months and years) of the experience, position title and how the experience was gained. This information is needed to determine if you are qualified for the position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics). NOTE: You do not have to respond to the KSA's separately but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the KSA's.
Ability to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
Required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
Duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment.
Responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you are required to submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed
OF-306 completely filled out
Mil Form 174
For access to Required Documents please refer to:
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants: Cover Letter, DD-214,SF-50, and Transcript.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.