US Citizens only
Must already have Top Secret/SCI clearance -- *plus* Full Scope poly -- used in the past 24 months
Position can be in Seattle, Denver, or Northern VA
Perm, full-time, direct-hire position. Salary + benefits -- relo assistance is avail
Systems Engineer - Pyxis
The Pyxis team is looking for a seasoned DevOps engineer with CICD experience. As a member of the team, you will be exposed to most AWS services and technologies. Our systems engineers work in a fast-paced environment with our multi-disciplined service teams to deliver cutting-edge services to our customers. Pyxis team members own the scaling and management of services across AWS regions supporting the US Government.
The candidate should have a strong desire to learn and be curious about Amazon's internal and external services. This is a true DevOps role; you will be both allowed and expected to follow problems all the way to the end and work on implementing real solutions and not just quick fixes. A candidate who wants to go deep and understand how these large systems work will get a chance to excel in this position.
A Pyxis Systems Engineer will:
- Work with other engineers to build and manage massively scaled services
- Automate common tasks and processes
- Work with other engineers to diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems with massive scale
- Collaborate with some of the leading minds in distributed systems
The candidate should be familiar with Linux, including the following:
- Various distros and their corresponding package management tools
- Permissions and permissions management
- File System partitioning, formatting, and mounting
- Log parsing using grep, awk, sed, cut, tr, etc
- Remote access via ssh
- Proc file system
- Network tools (ip, ifconfig, netstat, tcpdump, strace, netcat, ping, telnet, etc)
- System Monitoring Tools (top, *stat tools, etc)
- DNS and tools (bind, host, dig, nslookup, etc)
- Runlevel management tools (systemd, rc.d, inittab, chkconfig, etc)
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
This position can consider candidates for the Denver, CO, Arlington, VA, Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA locations.
- Minimum of 5 years with administrative (root) access on Linux systems.
- Minimum of 2 years basic tools experience in a Linux environment
- Minimum of 2 years working with a Linux command line.
- Familiar with Linux file system permissions and ownership.
- Familiar with working with different privilege levels in a Linux environment
- Familiar with debugging applications running on Linux and/or Unix servers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Experience in a 24x7 production environment, especially one based on Linux
- Development of systems automation in a scripting language: Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Familiarity with the AWS SDK or CLI
- Good troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host
- Experience with performance testing and tuning
- Deployment or development experience with automation or monitoring frameworks
- Experience with large distributed systems and web services
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $999,999.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off