Abdoney Periodontics and Implants is an established, fast-paced periodontal office in South Tampa. We have an immediate opening for a full-time surgical dental assistant to help ensure the highest quality experience to our patients.
We are looking for a self-driven, reliable and caring individual who takes pride in their job to join our close knit practice as a surgical dental assistant. You must work well in a fast paced work environment! The ideal candidate is punctual, has a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic. Must be able to multitask, keeping an eye on small details, while maintaining great relationships with our patients. You will be expected to interact with patients, colleagues, and co-workers with warmth and willingness to help in any way. This is a non-smoking office and drug free environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Welcoming new and existing patients with a smile for every visit to our office.
- Taking X-rays, CT scans, and Diagnostic photos.
- Periodontal charting and taking detailed Comprehensive Exam notes- Strong computer skills are a must!
- Understanding and explaining to patients their treatment in our office, including the procedure itself, pre operative instructions and post operative instructions.
- Lab work: Taking impressions, pouring models, fabricating retainers, guides, etc. and having them ready for use in surgery and post surgery for the patient.
- Proper sterilization of instruments, and proper surface disinfection.
- Maintaining inventory for surgical and non surgical supplies.
- Setting up and breaking down surgical rooms.
- Learning and assisting with a variety of surgical procedures with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Answer phone calls when needed.
- Proper communication between the surgical assistants and front desk to maintain a smooth work day.
- Check patients in and out for appointments when needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 1 year of dental/surgical experience or schooling.
- Excellent computer skills required as we area a paperless office. Dentrix and Dexis knowledge a plus.
- Must be competent and quick on taking good x-rays, impressions, and pouring models.
- Must have clear knowledge of cross-contamination control and/or being able to adopt new habits.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be flexible, trainable and eager to continue learning, regardless of experience.
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
Job Type: Full-time
- Compensation is based on experience and skill set.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Bonus opportunities.
**Serious candidates only, please email your resume. We look forward to meeting the newest member of the Abdoney family.
Job Type: Full-time
- dental/surgical or schooling: 1 year (Required)
- Dental Assistant (Required)