Imagine waking up daily knowing that you can make a difference. Imagine your ideas being heard, valued, and embraced, particularly when you've got data-backed business cases behind them. Imagine leading and working with a phenomenal team that enjoys partnering with each other and inspiring, supporting and driving measurable results. Imagine being able to take your vision for a technology and data-driven product in our segment, and making it a reality by leading the engineering and implementing the go-to-market plan you created. And imagine the work you do having the potential to change the world.
If that sounds like your ideal opportunity, you may be a great fit with us as Director of Engineering.
Our mission is to provide innovative rodent caging systems that save energy and protect animals, their caretakers and the environment. Established in 1997, Animal Care Systems is the first caging systems company in the industry founded by a veterinarian with experience in directing AAALAC-accredited animal care and use programs. Our customers are the research facilities that are saving lives by developing cures to diseases such as cancer, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. By reducing variables and creating the healthiest possible environments, our work leads toward fewer animals needed in research, shorter and more effective trials, and increased well-being for workers in laboratories.
What you can expect from us:
What we'll expect from you and what you'll be doing:
- Opportunity to be an integral part of an innovative, established and well-respected organization
- Ability to work with a team of caring professionals who truly value teamwork and each other
- Opportunity to be able to make a deep impact and add value
- Support for your ongoing professional development and growth
- Excellent benefits including:
- Personal Time Off (PTO) for vacation and sick days based on years of service
- Paid company holidays and celebration days
- 401K plan with company matching
- Health insurance with health savings account (a portion of which is funded by the company)
- Using your excellent leadership skills to inspire, coach, manage, and drive measurable results with a team of three engineers and one QC technician
- Partnering with the executive and engineering teams to develop the strategy for achieving company objectives, and then leading the execution of that strategy with accountability for results
- Using your creativity, innovation, love of learning, experience and engineering skills to solve problems and needs in the market and for customers, and leading the team through product development and go to market, from prototype to production
- Leveraging your financial, analytical, and business skills to manage the engineering budget and financial information for R&D expenses, Molds/Tooling & Warranty
- Using your organizational skills, knowledge, and high EQ to work with all departments in determining departmental priorities that align with company objectives
- Using your people skills in building strong relationships with our main manufacturers (injection molders and stainless steel manufacturers)
- Authorization to work in the US
- 5+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree within the engineering field, preferably mechanical engineering
- Proficient with Office 365 suite & Solidworks
- Strongly preferred: Experience bringing products to market; experience with injection molding and stainless-steel manufacturing; understanding of HVAC, airflow, fluid dynamics and air filtration; and/or experience implementing LEAN & 5S practices
- Ability to travel 5-10%
Animal Care Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.