Role: AWS Cloud Data Warehouse Engineer
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Senior Data Engineer with 6+ years of experience in Python, Spark, Hadoop, AWS Cloud and SQL.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, data modelling, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Highly experienced in Python with experience working with RESTful JSON APIs.
- Experience developing web application utilizing Flask and Django (or similar web frameworks)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $56.00 to $57.00 /hour