At Lowe’s – Data, Analytics and Computational Intelligence – we run large Big Data Platforms for Data Processing, ML, Data Analytics. If you are passionate about setting up Big Data Platforms on-prem and on cloud, working on debugging issues, platform triage, etc. this is for you. You will be challenged with managing multiple Big Data platforms on Hadoop, exploring new technologies, set up of data storage platforms involving Open Source technology, integrating data platforms with Catalog, BI Tools, setting up platform for ML model training, deployment, etc.
This person needs to be motivated towards learning, exploring technologies, guiding team members, collaborating with users and be able to set up a modern platform for Data Processing, Storage, Data Preparation, Training and Deployment.
The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs and to deliver modules, stable application systems, and Data or Platform solutions. This includes developing, configuring, or modifying complex integrated business and/or enterprise infrastructure or application solutions within various computing environments. This role facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise Data or Platform solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
- Translates complex cross-functional business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, modules, stable application systems, and data solutions; partners with Product Team to understand business needs and functional specifications
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs; evaluates project deliverables to ensure they meet specifications and architectural standards
- Guides development teams in the design and build of complex Data or Platform solutions and ensures that teams are in alignment with the architecture blueprint, standards, target state architecture, and strategies
- Coordinates, executes, and participates in component integration (CIT) scenarios, systems integration testing (SIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) to identify application errors and to ensure quality software deployment
- Participates and coaches others in all software development end-to-end product lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of complex company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
- Has solid grasp of software design patterns and approaches; understands application level software architecture; makes technical trade-off decisions at application level
- Automates and simplifies team development, test, and operations processes; develops detailed architecture plans for large scale enterprise architecture projects and drives the plans to fruition
- Solves complex architecture/design and business problems; solutions are extensible; works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to more junior level engineers; may provide feedback and direction on specific engineering tasks
Platform Engineering Responsibilities
- Administering crucial and complex Bigdata/Hadoop infrastructure to enable next generation analytics and data science capabilities.
- Adding immediate value by establishing big data environments based on Hadoop.
- Innovating and evolving our big data capabilities through research and hands-on practice.
- Operating a multi-tenant service, encompassing cluster management, security, resource and quota management, partitioning. monitoring chargeback, data governance, quality and lineage.
- Performance monitoring and Benchmarking experience to run various workloads. As needed participation in after-hours maintenance windows to update, change, and install various systems; Participation in the 24 x 7 On-Call Rotation.
- Hands-on experience in Hadoop cluster set up, performance fine-tuning, monitoring, and administration.
- Manage Bigdata application on On-prem and Public cloud
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 5 years of experience in Data, BI or Platform Engineering, Data Warehousing/ETL, or Software Engineering
- 4 years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
Platform Engineering Qualifications
- 4-5 years of experience in Hadoop, NO-SQL, RDBMS or any Cloud Bigdata components, Teradata, MicroStrategy
- Expertise in Java/Scala/Python, SQL, Scripting, Teradata, MicroStrategy, Oracle, MySql, SQL Server, Hadoop (Sqoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce), Spark (Spark Streaming, MLib), Kafka or equivalent Cloud Bigdata components
- In most cases Lowe’s will not be able to provide sponsorship for roles located in the Tech Hub
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- 5 years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
- 5 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
- 5 years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
- 3 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
- 3 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
- 5 years of experience working with source code control systems
- Experience working with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools
- 5 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $86,227.00 - $197,447.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- data: 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19