Procurement and Contract Manager is responsible for developing and managing the corporate procurement functions and national agreements for all Elmcroft communities. Maintains vendor relationships and assists in the negotiation of agreements. Work with the Facilities Management Department and other relevant departments to both improve process and efficiencies and create cost reductions.
Manages the procurement analyst.
- Assess existing internal procurement systems (DSSI/Open Accounts), existing national contracts/group purchasing organizations, for insight and opportunities.
- Develop a thorough understanding of what, how much (both dollars and quantity), and from whom Elmcroft purchases items.
- Responsible for developing and implementing contract performance metrics that track cost savings and avoidance, vendor performance, purchase price variance, and other indicators. For every initiative, develop “before and after” metrics to analyze the cost and/or process efficiencies.
- Manage the RFP process with respect to contract renegotiation; food contract just to name one example. Review and negotiate/renegotiate national vendor contracts.
- Ensure deadlines are met, including payment terms, renewals and/or terminations.
- Schedule and conduct quarterly face-to-face contract reviews with existing vendors at the Elmcroft support center.
- Develop a contract management process to improve routing, review, and approval of contracts.
- Work with General Counsel to ensure Elmcroft’s contract requirements are consistently inserted into all Elmcroft contracts.
- Complete the Contract Review Worksheet with assistance from General Counsel.
- Develop and maintain an electronic library of contracts for communities and support center, including executed copies, amendments, and terminations.
- Review contract management software programs to assist with better organizing and tracking contract terms.
- Create a reporting system for noncompliance of procurement contract utilization
- Lead community, regional, and support center training regarding contract review and management using the Contract Review Worksheet.
- Manage capital budget process.
- Develop a new system of tracking expenditures and replacing current system.
- Manage any sustainability initiatives.
- Investigate and determine the feasibility of a purchase order process in conjunction with the implementation of Yardi enterprise software.
- Demonstrates an understanding of compliance and ethics program policies and procedures.
- Completes all mandatory compliance, HIPAA and state and federal regulatory training as required.
- Maintains appropriate degree of confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
- Requires high degree of communication, cooperation, and coordination with Elmcroft community and Support Center associates, and with current and potential vendor contacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- 2+ years’ experience minimum, in procurement and contract management.
- Excellent planning, client support, customer service, communication and organizational skills
- BS/BA required
- Must be willing to travel domestically as needed depending on project status and business needs
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
- Must be able to lift, grasp and move computer equipment
- Must be able to effectively listen and speak with individuals, groups and teams
- Is required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and climb or balance
- Must have their own transportation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics and Professionalism: Treats people with respect and tact; reacts well under pressure; inspires trust in others; accepts responsibility of own actions; upholds organizational values.
- Analytical/Problem-Solving: Collects and researches data; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions;
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills: Maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; writes clearly and informatively
- Teamwork: Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Motivation/Leadership: Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
- Mathematical/Reasoning Skills: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; identifies and resolves problems; understands the organization’s strengths and weaknesses
- Computer Skills: Substantial competency in use of personal computers, including general ledger software and spreadsheet software applications. Able to use computer in basic Word processing, email correspondence, and Excel applications
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to listen and speak with individuals and groups. The employee is occasionally required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Good vision is also required.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off