The Jewish Home and Care Center is a non-profit group in the senior living industry. As part of Ovation Communities have been serving the people of the Greater Milwaukee area for over 100 years. These services are achieved through a team-work philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, continuous quality improvement efforts and maintaining a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun. If you enjoy working for a quality facility that will value your work, and if you believe in compassionate resident care, please consider joining our team.
Manages the overall operation of catering at Ovation Communities & the Kosher restaurant at the Ovation Jewish Home facility to provide leadership, support and guidance to maintain high production, productivity, quality standards, inventory levels, sanitation, maintain Kosher laws and food safety guidelines according to State and Federal guidelines and regulations in line with our established policies and procedures. Will be directed by the Regional Dietary Director, to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times and deliver high quality menu and excellent customer service. This person will work in close collaboration with the Kosher Supervisor.
Catering Manager responsibilities include: planning food and beverage, work with client to choose a proper menu and the pricing for the catering event, handling all the catering preparation before the event and after as well, to ensure the quality of the food and service is a success. Develop marketing plan to promote catering operations to individuals and organizations. Prepare comprehensive catering order form according to client’s requirements and interests. Review and finalize sales contracts, catering event orders and pricing agreements with clients. Oversee food preparation, transportation and set-up activities (room set up, presentation materials, multimedia equipment) to ensure successful event. Ensure that all events/meetings are correctly set each day. Oversee operations in the Kosher restaurant.
- Provide input into development/ revision of Kosher restaurant and catering menus
- Train and manage wait staff and kitchen personnel during food preparation and serving of foods and beverages for compliance with techniques that conserve flavor and foods are palatable, attractive and to ensure proper portion control standards and sanitation is followed.
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices, professionalism, personal hygiene. Achieving the highest quality service standards and exceeding a high guest expectation daily
- Review and finalize sales contracts, catering event orders and pricing agreements with clients
- Ensure Kosher restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experience. Uphold Kosher restaurant’s fine reputation and suggest ways to further elevate it.
- Develop marketing plan to promote catering and Kosher restaurant operations to individuals and organizations through word-of-mouth and restaurant/catering events
- Respond to customer inquiries in accurate and timely manner
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House Kosher restaurant operations
- Planning food and beverage menus considering clients preferences and special requests. Gathering customer requirements (like number of guests and event dates).
- Assures that menus are planned, and food purchased, prepared and served in accordance with Kashrut standards
- Oversee food preparation, transportation and set-up activities (room set up, presentation materials, multimedia equipment) to ensure successful event. Ensure that all events/meetings are correctly set each day
- Arrange food tastings with potential customers for the catering event
- Responsible for monitoring food purchasing from approved vendors that is economical and efficient. Maintains sufficient inventory of supplies.
- Associate Degree in Hotel/Restaurant management, Food & Beverage Management and/or equivalent an asset.
- Specialized training in food service is required. Must successfully complete an approved sanitation and safety course.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow time schedules for meal preparation and serving.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in the food service area.
- Self-starter, flexible, and able to work independently with experience working in facilities utilizing quantity food production methods.
- Experience in planning, preparing and serving
- Ability to multi-task, and change priorities constantly as needed in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Hands-on experience with creating menus from scratch
- Experience working in a Kosher environment preferred
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)