About Clover Sonoma
Third-generation family owned and operated, Clover Sonoma is recognized as a leader at the forefront of the dairy industry with their full line of conventional and organic dairy products. The Petaluma-based company in California’s beautiful Sonoma County has always held themselves to higher industry standards and was the first dairy in the United States to become American Humane Certified for the humane treatment of their animals. In addition, Clover holds their partnership of family-owned dairy farms to a higher standard with its own unique Clover Promise of Excellence -- a set of regulations to ensure the highest level of animal welfare, product quality, and sustainability measures are followed. Clover is also known for their involvement in the community and most notably their infamous mascot, Clo the Cow, who’s witty puns and billboards have been delighting Northern California for over 50 years! With a history of ‘do-gooding’ built into their DNA, Clover was proud to become a Certified B Corporation® in 2016 - meaning that we use business as a force for good by putting people and planet alongside profit.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Sales Forecasting and Analytics Manager at Clover Sonoma. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the selected individual will play a key role in the development and execution of Clover’s Strategic Growth Plan. As a key member within the Sales Team, this role is accountable for leading and developing the overall sales forecast including by key account and by channel working with the Sales leads. The other main component of the role is managing overall trade spend, promotional planning and analyses. Additional responsibilities include driving the sales planning process, working cross functionally with sales, marketing and finance to develop new product forecasts, pricing recommendations and ensuring the sales team is armed to execute with excellence.
*Note this is an individual contributor role that supports each of the sales leads with no direct reports.
- Supports each Sales / Channel lead on forecasting, promotional planning, managing trade spend and ROI analyses.
- Develops trade investment strategies to drive maximum achievement of sales, profit and ROI for the individual’s portfolio of product; tracks and measures results of trade spend, inclusive of post promotional analysis.
- Tracks and measures results of trade spend, and provides promotional lift forecast to internal teams.
- Works closely with marketing to develop and execute promotional plans consistent with long-range strategic goals.
- Assists in the development of sales forecasts for new product and line extensions.
- Manages the necessary tactical revisions to the sales plan / forecast to ensure that business objectives are met.
- Provides best in class sales reporting mechanisms and systems to ensure trade spending effectiveness.
- Works with marketing to ensure that promotional funds, as well as product objectives and sales tactics, are integrated as part of the go-to-market field strategy.
- Develops and maintains meaningful relationships with internal and external teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Sales or a related field. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of Sales Analytical experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry with working with large strategic accounts within Grocery (Safeway / Albertsons, Savemart, Raley’s), Mass (Target), and Club (Costco)
- Natural Channel experience specifically with Whole Foods Market and Sprouts an asset
- Strong analytical skills with experience in forecasting, channel strategy, promotional planning and ROI, Price/Promo/Trade Rate development and new product forecasting required
- Experience negotiating and influencing, through communication, large groups or high-level members of the organization
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint and data management. M3 experience a plus.
- Fluent in understanding Consumption Data from IRI, Nielsen and other sources such as Spins
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skill with a strong attention to detail
- Experience working cross-functionally in a large organization
- Performance driven with desire to take on a high level of responsibility and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven success at fostering teamwork and team development
- Small amount of travel within the US is required
Benefits at Clover Sonoma:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance*
- Extensive 401 (k) plan with company contribution*
- Paid vacation and sick time*
- Employee volunteer opportunities*
- Monthly product allotment
*For eligible employees
Job Type: Full-time