You may not realize it, but you’ve likely used a product today made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food packaging, cosmetics, soap, household detergents and carpet, we create the building blocks for more than 70,000 consumer and industrial products. We are a global company with 5,000 employees supplying customers in nearly 140 countries and generating about $10 billion in annual revenues. Our research discoveries have helped transform our industry, and safety remains our top priority each step of the way.
Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they like best about their job and universally, the answer is “the people I work with!” We have a “small company feel” and uphold a culture of respect and inclusion. A diverse group of people working together means we are bringing the best ideas to the table. We also value work-life balance, and love to see our employees thrive both professionally and personally.
The communities where we live and work are an integral part of what we do. We show our commitment by volunteering locally and making a pledge to sustainability. To us, sustainability means keeping the health and safety of our workforce paramount, being a responsible steward of the environment, creating the chemical building blocks for products that will exceed customer expectations, and acting responsibly and ethically across our global business dealings.
There’s never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. Construction of our $6 billion U.S. Gulf Coast Petrochemicals Project is nearly complete, having provided 10,000 construction jobs to the Houston area. When complete, we will be even better equipped to serve the global and growing demand for high quality plastics used in products that improve our quality of life. If you’re ready to grow with us, apply today!
This position is responsible for coordination and support of daily and long term maintenance, expense projects, and turnaround activities.
- Ensuring that established safety goals are attained
- Maintaining and supporting the employee safety process
- Lead or participated on incident investigation teams
- Interact with work permitting process as needed and ensuring that all applicable safety procedures and other safe work practices are followed
- Review applicable SMP’s with craftsmen prior to executing work
- Participate in the development of quality job plans by working with planners and participating in field walk through
- Ensuring maintenance activities are focused on plant reliability improvements
- Developing and executing equipment reliability strategies
- Monitoring plant operations and advising on necessary maintenance changes
- Interfacing with 3rd party contractors
- Interfacing with operations, projects, procurement, and equipment reliability groups
- Monitoring and improving the Preventative Maintenance Program
- Developing and managing costs within budget
- Coordinating with planning staff
- Producing quality services
- Utilizing SAP systems to improve reliability, cost tracking, planning and scheduling.
- Participating/leading cross functional teams to accomplish the above objectives
- Based upon the duties listed above the candidate must be able to foster a teamwork approach to resolving issues with Operations, Technical and Contractor personnel.
Education and Work Experience:
- 5 or more years of experience in the Petrochemical or Refining Industry in the Mechanical Maintenance or Turnaround field or an Engineering Degree
- Previous experience in a supervisory position considered a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Working knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards such as ASME, API, etc.
- Knowledge of turnaround and/or project principals, planning projects greater than $5MM, managing contractor planners, Primavera or similar scheduling software desired
- Computer Skills (SAP, MS Word & Excel preferred, database experience is a plus)
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age,disability, veteran status or marital status.
Up to 5%
Eligibility for Relocation:
Nearest Major Market:
Maintenance, ERP, Engineer, SAP, Procurement, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering, Operations