Quality Control Plant Manager - Chemist Processing
This position requires managing processes to upgrade scrap metal. Ability to optimize such processes and interact with employees to run the plant on a day to day basis. Implement upgrades to processes and maintenance of physical plan and repair/sourcing of components and subcontractors as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain excellent communication and planning with labor staff.
- Manage inventory and in process scheduling, staging and interface to provide product to ship or stage in a rational manner.
- Perform regulatory compliance, record keeping and strategy to manage safety and potential hazard issues.
- Learn to price different grades of scrap metal using cost models.
- Process development and marketing research related to existing products, consumer needs and potential new markets.
- Oversees quality with operators to inspect metal intake for processing.
- Manages detin process for chemistry and mechanical assets.
- Manages processes to upgrade metal.
- Conduct research to develop new and improved manufacturing processes
- The employee may be assigned to special projects or required to perform other duties not listed above, which may vary from time to time as determined by management, to meet company needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Self-motivated. Able to work unsupervised to meet objectives
- Speaks positive, listens and gets clarification
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Manages difficult or emotional situations; responds promptly to company needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities. Able to build consensus.
- Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to manage detin process and tin recovery work.
- This position is out on the plant floor.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand; climb; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Venture Metals International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Control: 3 years (Preferred)
- Plant Manager: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible