Designs and develops graphics and illustrations for use in technical publications, marketing material, and other visual communications media.
1. Utilizes current graphic design technology and software applications to produce graphics and illustrations for use in technical publications, marketing materials, websites, and other visual communications media.
2. Prepares illustrations from concept drawings, sketches, models, and/or written and verbal instructions.
3. Selects styles and sizes of type, lays out material, and performs related tasks.
4. May participate in the design and creation of videos using computer and video equipment.
5. May prepare storyboards for use in video or computer presentations.
6. Prepares notes and instructions for printing.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced designers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Create visual concepts, not directly manipulating GEOINT products, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. Develop overall layout and production design for various applications such as advertisements, brochures, fact sheets and corporate reports.
Graphic designers combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages. They may use a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects. Work with both text and images. Select the type, font, size, color, and line length of headlines, headings, and text. Decide how images and text will go together on a print or webpage, including how much space each will have. When using text in layouts, collaborate closely with writers who choose the words and decide whether the words will be put into paragraphs, lists, or tables. Through the use of images, text, and color, transform statistical data into visual graphics and diagrams, which can make complex ideas more accessible. Demonstrates analytic, communication and time-management skills. Possess creative and artistic ability.
Bachelor's Degree in commercial art, fine art, or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related graphic design experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Possess detailed knowledge of the full functionality of graphic design software like Adobe Master Collection CS5, and the designing of products for printing on digital press and web. Experience in developing and implementing creative visual and strategic solutions from scientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.