Job Objective: The Service Technician diagnoses and performs standard mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repairs, and assembles equipment for the company and its customers.
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and locate mechanical deficiencies on Heavy Equipment as assigned by the service manager.
- Proper use of diagnostic equipment.
- Determine extent of necessary repairs including identifying major powertrain overhaul needs. Prepare orders for required services. Source and order parts as needed.
- Repair and/or replace all components of diesel engines, hydraulic, air conditioning, electrical, and suspension systems, drive trains, steering, braking, material handling, and operator comfort systems.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical information from schematics, technical manuals, drawings and procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Perform welding and brazing, fabricate and modify parts, equipment, miscellaneous structures and attachments.
- Keep service manager informed on special parts orders, shortages and malfunctions.
- Complete all work orders (including warranty information) and time sheets in a legible, accurate, and timely manner.
- Maintain a current knowledge of products, technology and models by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical and regulation publications.
- Work as part of a team, offering and seeking assistance when needed.
- Keep shop vehicles clean and serviced.
- Help control expenses and produce as much quality work as possible.
- Help maintain cleanliness, neatness and safety of personal workspace, building and lot
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to company safety program at all times.
Individual should be able to set work priorities and work independently in the absence of supervision and be able to understand and carryout oral and written directions. Individual must have the ability to maintain high degree of motivation in team members to retain the focus of providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
The individual should have a steady work record, the ability to operate a variety of equipment safely to diagnose, adjust, and repair malfunctions; read and understand operator's and repair manuals, and must be able to perform each of the essential position functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to get around the dealership and grounds for various tasks.
- The employee would normally lift or move 10 lbs., frequently lift or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lifts or move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate up and down movement with bending or stooping including reaching above and below shoulder height with arms and hands.
- Ability to be on one's feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb a ladder with the ability to carry an object while climbing.
- Ability to operate equipment or other power equipment as necessary.
- Ability to push/pull up to 100 lbs. of force.
- Must meet health assessment requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- The employee is generally required to stand for long periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing duties, the employee may be near moving mechanical parts and inside and outside weather conditions.
Negotiable - depending upon experience. Excellent benefits - Medical, Dental, Optical, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, Health Extended Coverage, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Vacation, Holiday, Sick and Personal time.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. This document is not a contract and the company may change job duties at any time.
Mid-South Ag Equipment, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. This organization participates in E-verify.
About Mid-South Ag Equipment:
Mid-South Ag is the complete crop application and agricultural equipment dealer needed to help produce America's meals and build America's foundations. Mid-South Ag has the sales, service and parts responsibilities for the Case IH Agricultural brand, catering to the Byhalia, Clarksdale, Sumner and Tunica, MS trade areas. Likewise, MSA is a distributor of Case IH Application Equipment, focusing on the custom commercial applicator, located within the seven mid-south states; including the Owensboro, KY location, which primarily focuses on the distribution of pull-type applicators and three-point toolbars.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clarksdale, MS 38614: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person