The Mayor’s Office of Contract Services (MOCS) oversees and supports the procurement activities of City agencies, with a goal to ensure fairness, transparency, efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Director is the City Chief Procurement Officer. Annually, agencies procure billions in products and services from a diverse pool of vendors that represent various industries. MOCS partners with industry groups to implement policies and tools that streamline and modernize procurement, resulting in the delivery of quality services to New Yorkers. Team members operate in a fast-paced, collaborative, service-oriented environment, where flexibility and ability to achieve results are valued.
Under the direction of the Supervising Analyst, Health and Human Services in the Financial Services Operations Support Unit, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for supporting Health and Human Services City agencies and vendors in the Citywide adoption to a shared online platform by providing technical assistance, best practices and business processes based on a wider view of the fiscal procedures throughout the City. The Senior Analyst will be given wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgement and will be a member of a collaborative team that identifies and executes opportunities to standardize practices and elevate performance in the citywide Financial Services.
Senior Analyst of Financial Services responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work collaboratively with technical teams and the systems integrator to continuously improve the HHS Accelerator application through engagement and feedback by understanding the needs of ends users, and performing system testing and prioritization of enhancements.
- Participate and work closely with Policy and Partnership, Learning Management (help desk) and other MOCS teams to develop content and policy to share with users.
- Provide a high level of customer and technical support to a range of system users while exhibiting patience, understanding and empathy.
- Participate in and contribute to internal and external meetings for various policy initiatives related to MOCS and identify risks and issues.
- Promote the citywide adoption of MOCS procurement technology systems, including but not limited to HHS Accelerator and Procurement and Sourcing Solutions Portal (PASSPort) through constant engagement, process re-engineering and system improvements to address barriers to adoption.
- Engage agencies and vendors on their reporting needs to enable organizational analysis.
- Serve as lead for or participate in special projects as assigned.
- Manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with a proactive, team-centered approach
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Graduation from an accredited college with a baccalaureate degree; or
2. Graduation from an accredited community college plus two years of experience with administrative, analytic, coordinative, supervisory or liaison responsibilities; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent plus four years of experience as described in “2” above; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, urban studies or a closely related field; and one year of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management, or in a related area;
2. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in the areas described in “1” above.
- Prior experience in fiscal operations: accounts payable, budget, and financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage personnel and processes.
- Excellent task management, interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions that produce high quality results by applying technical knowledge to analyze system issues and calculate risks.
- Be self-motivated, accurate, detail-orientated, and able to work independently or in collaboration with other units while meeting numerous deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Demonstrated experience working with technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent analytic, presentation, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the NYC Financial Management System (FMS).
Mayor’s Office of Contract Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Special accommodations provided for applicants with disabilities.
Mayor’s Office of Contract Services recognizes the unique skills and strengths gained through military service. Veterans and service members of the U.S. Armed Forces are strongly encouraged to apply.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS PROGRAM:
The U.S. Department of Education provides student loan forgiveness through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLFP) to qualifying public service employees. As an employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for loan forgiveness should you meet the program’s eligibility requirements. For additional information on the PSLFP, please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
External Applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs and search for Job ID#:430915 .
Current City Employees, please go to www.nyc.gov/ess and search for Job ID#:430915 .
Applicants may apply for jobs via NYCAPS with Apple products if they use the appropriate browser, such as Firefox, Chrome and/or Safari.
No phone calls, faxes or personal inquiries permitted.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
253 Broadway New York NY
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.