Pilot Aerial Survey
Pickett and Associates, Inc. Bartow, FL
We are a highly innovative, leading and rapidly-expanding Central Florida based Surveying Engineering company, with over 50 years progressive industry experience spanning the eastern US and Caribbean. We are currently seeking a self-driven, experienced Pilot Aerial Survey to join our expanding team for aerial acquisition assignments.
We solve the problems that matter and therefore attract the most empowered people to partner with to implement innovative solutions that meet the diverse needs of our clients. Our team is passionate, engaged, dedicated, highly-experienced and diversified with a core focus on bringing very customized and high-touch services to every aspect of what we do.
About the role:
As a pilot with us you will safely fly challenging and diverse flight missions to acquire digital imagery, LiDAR, GPS and IMU data.Our work radiates out of Florida into the Eastern United States and down into the Caribbean Islands.
Your dedication to aviation and interest in innovative technology will be instrumental to your success. As you develop in this position you will be independent, yet collaborative, as you work closely with the Director of Flight Operations and our experienced Leadership Team to ensure the mission goals are well-defined and key objectives are achieved.
What you will be doing:
What you bring:
- Safely operating single engine fixed wing aircraft;
- Coordinating missions with Air Traffic Control as required;
- Performing a thorough aircraft preflight check before each flight;
- Conducting flight planning and maintaining flight logs;
- Learning and applying concepts and procedures related to aerial survey;
- Coordinating with Director of Flight Operations to determine daily flight plans;
- Coordinating with field survey crews as needed;
- Traveling on overnight and multi-night assignments;
- Working on weekends, as needed.
Flight Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree (Aviation-related preferred)
- Valid Passport (with valid proof of legal US residency)
- Valid US Drivers License
- Valid US Commercial Pilot License - Aircraft Single-Engine and Instrument Rating
- Second-class medical certificate (must possess or be able to obtain)
- Experience in assessing weather suitability for flight assignments
- CFI (Certified Flight Instructor) rating(s), and High-Performance Endorsement (preferred)
- Ability to work in a safe manner and always obey safety regulations
- Computer proficiency (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds intermittently; sit for long periods of time in a small aircraft
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail with the ability to demonstrate confidence, professionalism, high self-motivation, integrity and solid decision-making abilities
- Non-flight activities will include: safety related planning, preparing/coordinating missions, aircraft cleaning/organizing, training, and other tasks as assigned by Director of Flight Operations
- Minimum of 800 hours total flight time (required)
- Class B/C airspace experience (highly preferred)
- Experience flying aerial survey missions (highly preferred)
- Previous experience in Cessna 206/210 aircraft and/or previous commercial aviation experience (highly preferred)
- Instrument Current
- Familiarity with specific survey tools (LiDAR, GPS, digital imagery, etc.)
SoWhy Join Us?
You can expect to fly at least 400 hours per year and travel, as necessary, for the company.Our fleet consists only of high-performance aircraft and our exciting projects may require you to travel anywhere in the Eastern United States and the Caribbean. In this role, you will be able to apply your piloting skills to accomplish something significantly more exciting than just point A to point B flying.
We are a unique, thriving and progressive organization so this is no ordinary flying opportunity. We are not just looking for amazing pilots, we are looking for amazing pilots who can become amazing SURVEY pilots and continue to grow, learn and be inspired, both professionally and personally.
By joining our journey, you will contribute significantly to the growth and evolution of our company while also continuing to be stretched and inspired along the way!
We offer a very competitive compensation package, comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits, Retirement Planning Support, Paid Time Off and more!
Intrigued and excited to learn more? Apply today!