Careers that Change Lives
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we’re a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value – and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
A Day in the Life
At Medtronic, the Interventional Therapy Consultant II solicits orders, selling Medtronic Interventional products assigned and representing the company in accordance with its policies and in the area assigned; for maintaining awareness of local competitive conditions and for reporting back promptly to the district manager.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
Generates new sales:
Develops leads, recruits new surgeons, qualifies prospects, and makes sales calls
Grows existing Kyphon business and develop new opportunities
Works autonomously, utilizing corporate resources to generate revenue and meet/exceed quota
Implements approved marketing strategies
Aggressively seeks new customers and formulates and follow plans for such action as directed by the District Sales Manager
Responds to customer complaints in accordance with Medtronic Spinal & Biologics policy and advise District Sales Manager and Medtronic Spinal & Biologics promptly of any situation beyond scope of authority
Stays attentive to competitor’s product and merchandizing practices and to keep the District Sales Manager and Medtronic Spinal & Biologics informed concerning them
Maintains up-to-date customer record books and other records in accordance with District Sales Manager instructions
Prepares and submits call reports as required by District Sales Manager
Attends and participates in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed
Assists in the field training of any sales person as requested by the District Sales Manager
Cooperates with all personnel on the execution of Company programs
Creates and implements an annual business plan with quarterly updates
Provides service to customers per their individual needs
Responds in a timely manner to all reporting requirements and requests
Adheres to company policies and conducts all business in an ethical manner
Manages business within assigned budgets and with Medtronic Spinal and Biologics profitability in mind
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of medical device, pharmacology or medical products sales experience
Nice to Have
- Ortho, spine or O.R. experience
- Ability to sell in an environment where partnering with a surgeon is critical and ability to sell a new device or procedure
- Proven leadership abilities and experience in selling value-added programs
- Fully knowledgeable about the anatomy and capable of effectively explaining after the completion of sales training. After two weeks in the territory, should be able to describe the
anatomy of the spine and anatomical landmarks necessary to instruct a surgeon on the use of Kyphon’s products.
- Thrives in an environment of variety and rapid growth & change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Accustomed to working independently with a high degree of accountability
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- Must be able to travel
**Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.