Job Number: 23000519
Winter Haven, Florida | WINTER HAVEN, Florida
Primary Location: Winter Haven, Florida 33881
Base Salary: $25.05 - $25.05 per hour
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Maintenance Technician Apprentice position is designed to expose employees to new skill sets and a career path within the maintenance department. The Maintenance Technician Apprentice consists of multi-functional industrial maintenance responsibilities in order to ensure safe and efficient operations at the facility.
The Maintenance Technician Apprentice will be responsible for industrial electrical tasks for the DSC and/or CTS business units:
- Maintains electrical equipment, troubleshooting, wiring and controls, three-phase motors, switches, etc.
- Performs various duties such as wiring and making connections to new electrical installations, replacing small parts in motors, and repairing electrical fixtures.
- Makes new installations of fixtures, motors, and other electrical equipment as required
- Ensures the safe operation of equipment by preventative maintenance and repair by examining machines for defects in operation, replacing defective parts, and making necessary adjustments to ensure efficient operation
- Improves and maintains electric fork trucks and trailers
- May be required to assist in changing the layout of warehouse facilities by setting up or installing machines and equipment
- Follows safety and housekeeping guidelines/procedures
- Ability to be a team player and work rotating shifts, performing tasks independently without supervision
- Timely completion of the Red Vector training courses
- All other duties assigned by Maintenance Manager
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
- Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
- Basic mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Monday- Friday 6am-2pm
A general description of benefits offered can be found here.
This position is also eligible for bonus based on performance and subject to the terms of the Company’s applicable plans.
The compensation and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, with or without notice, subject to applicable law.