General Summary: Under general supervision and according to established procedures, prepares the GI area and patients for procedures. In conjunction with the registered nurse, coordinates necessary procedures for efficient turnaround of procedure rooms and serves as technical support to physician and nurse in assigned procedure rooms. Ensures equipment is cleaned following established aseptic techniques. Stocks routine supplies, assists in Endoscopic procedures as directed, and performs related clerical duties.
Location: Elmhurst campus.
Hours: Full time, days/evenings. Weekend rotation required.
- Requires a highschool diploma or GED
- Minimum one year of previous Endoscopy, surgical tech or technical level healthcare-related experience
- Current CPR Certification issued by either American Heart Association or Red Cross
- Certified gastroenterology associate/technician preferred but will train motivated candidate
- PCT/CNA experience preferred
Location: Edward-Elmhurst Health · ENDOSCOPY
Schedule: Full time, Days/Evenings, M-S 0630-2000