ORI is looking for a customer service and goal-oriented, highly motivated Analyst to collect confidential data on leading economic indicators, obtained through data files and other approved means.
After more than 28 years, ORI has grown a lot from its humble beginnings: the company has embraced innovation and change, adopted and adapted to new technologies, found emerging markets and navigated several significant business cycles. Through it all, ORI’s leadership has nurtured a vision of engagement driving continuous improvement and a commitment to excellence.
- Process respondent files in order to collect monthly and quarterly employment and wage data for the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) government survey following BLS designated EDI Center operational procedures.
- Conduct data analysis, editing and coding by following BLS approved data quality procedures.
- Responsible for formatting and importing data files into BLS approved software applications and databases.
- Research and write correspondence to state employment agencies in reply to data related questions.
- Provide complete and timely information on problem cases and solutions via EDI website system application. Meet and maintain BLS designated data production timing requirements.
- Ideal candidate should have experience researching and analyzing numerical data.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus one year relevant experience.
- Problem solving skills.
- Multitasking with the ability to work in fast paced/production oriented environment.
- Attention to details; recognizes and investigates problems.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Excel (formatting, data manipulation).
- Two years of experience using the internet for research.
- Displays excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Possess basic math skills required to analyze/edit monthly data in accordance with established standards.
- Consistent work history and excellent attendance.
- Pleasant telephone voice and demeanor.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting with a fast paced and performance oriented environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly and independently required to: use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stand; talk; twist; bend; ascend and descend stairs; remain stationery for extended periods of time; see and read computer screens; communicate via computer and telephone; and, travel to various locations throughout the office as well as other office sites.
ORI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off