Information Technology (I.T.) Manager
Information Technology (I.T.)
Loves Park, IL
Role Reports to:
Role Matrix Reports to:
Manages all I.T. systems including hardware, software, maintenance, peripheral equipment, communications and data security for the facility. Develops, designs, and manages business technology projects that involve multiple functions. Supports the business by designing systems that are cost effective, gain competitive advantage, and satisfy business information requirements. Manages the transition of servers/networks from corporate/group offices as required. Must have knowledge to setup, maintain and troubleshoot all types of hardware/systems.
· Manage Company network of servers, hardware, software, communications, and security to provide 24/7 support
· Control data security/access to Company systems and ensure that the disaster recovery plan is up-to-date and functional and is in compliance with our policy.
· Guide the growth of I.T. /communication systems to insure additional investments and provide anticipated returns.
· Support functional I.T. development/design projects on a timely basis.
· Develop I.T. solutions to support short and long term business plans.
· Insure compliance with company I.T. standards/policies as well as Federal/State regulatory requirements.
· Consult with administration, department managers, and manufacturing representatives to exchange information, present new approaches, and to discuss equipment/systems changes.
· Assess and anticipate technology projects and recommend appropriate action and resources.
· Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology department.
· Identify user needs and resolve problems.
· Manage IT waste per regulatory standards on a timely basis.
· Manage all transitions of servers and/or networks from shared basis to stand-alone
· All other duties as assigned by manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Computer Science degree (B.S.) from four year college or university; and ten years of I.T. related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read (and listen), analyze, and interpret program specifications including interpreting programming request from non-I.T. professionals.
· Ability to maintain networks, servers, and all types of hardware, as needed
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
· Strong ability to solve logic problems, apply reasoning, and to be able to break down a large system or program into stand-alone components.
· Understanding targets and capability to create/deliver a plan to achieve them and monitor accordingly
· Self-directed with effective time management skills, strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task and work within a global growing organization.
· Must have strong oral and written English communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and innovative problem solving skills. ·
· People Development skills – How to grow our teams (teach, coach & train)
· Strong Communication Skills at all levels within organization
· Organizational skills
· Check/Act on Std. Work
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in this environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time