Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction, cancer and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio.
This unique position offers an ambitious and experienced candidate the opportunity to significantly contribute to the long-term commercial success of ARISTADA, a long acting injectable antipsychotic, by developing and implementing key business strategies.
The Associate Director/Director will report to the Vice President of Marketing, and, together, work on a lifecycle planning, regional marketing, and market research activities.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Support and participate in the development of forward-looking strategies by synthesizing primary and secondary inputs to inform lifecycle planning
- Identify and assess programs and tactics that enhance the success of ARISTADA in new customer segments
- Evaluate the commercial viability of mid to long-term opportunities for ARISTADA, and provide input into the long range forecast
- Track and understand the therapeutic market trends from a commercial, clinical, and scientific perspective
- Manage external consulting partners (e.g., strategy consultants, market research)
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelors degree is required (advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical product development, or lifecycle/ new product planning is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, and/or roles in life sciences/healthcare consulting is required for Associate Director level
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, and/or roles in life sciences/healthcare consulting is required for Director level
- Previous experience in a commercial role that required comprehensive understanding of therapeutic markets from multiple customer perspectives (e.g., HCP, Payers, Patients) and/or different business perspectives (e.g., clinical, R&D, marketing) is required
- Significant analytic skills, able to clearly interpret and distill scientific, clinical and commercial information
- Basic understanding of key marketing and market research principles is preferred
- Familiarity with secondary research and databases is preferred
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute, follow up and anticipate problems
- Ability to work, influence, and gain consensus across multiple functions (sales, finance, product development, public affairs, medical affairs)
- Ability to anticipate challenges and defend positions with factual information
- Strong writing and presentation skills is required
- Understanding of industry code of conduct and ethics is required
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.