- High School Diploma or GED
- Clean Driving Record
- Driving Experience
- Box Truck Experience
- Driver's License
Compensation Commensurate With Experience
If you are looking for a great company to work for, if you like independence and a Monday through Friday job during business hours Miller’s has the job for you!
We are looking for courteous, well-groomed drivers who like to deliver great service to their customers, help each other out, and take the initiative to make sure things happen right. You must have a clean driving record (no CDL required), be able to lift 65lbs., and enjoy the recognition that comes with doing a great job. We are located in Lorton, VA.
Our drivers perform routine daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure vehicle is safe for the road and they report any mechanical defects to supervisor. They follow pre-determined route trip planning and adjust for traffic and/or construction. Our drivers ensure that manifests are completed and accurate, provide and maintain records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide prompt, courteous delivery of merchandise to customers. Manage time to ensure that all deliveries and returns are completed daily.
- Facilitate easy and timely return of merchandise. Ensure that all returns are picked up from customers within two business days.
- Organize delivery tickets to create daily manifest.
- Follow established safety policies and procedures and promote safety in all activities.
- Maintain a safe, point-free, driving record. Operate vehicle in a safe and prudent manner in accordance with traffic laws. Observe speed limits and adjust appropriately for all road conditions. Check vehicle daily to ensure it is in good driving conditions.
- Respond to customer complaints in an efficient manner to promote a positive impact on the customer. Advise management of any problem deliveries or unsatisfied customers.
- Maintain customer good will.
- Ensure that truck is well maintained and kept clean. Maintain repair and accident logs and perform minor maintenance as needed. Report equipment malfunctions or accidents.
- Communicate effectively with customer service, warehouse, accounting, sales, and management to facilitate a superior Miller’s experience for customers.
- Deliver overflow merchandise for other routes, as needed.
- Help organize, load, and get drivers out in the morning in most time efficient way
- Help maintain wear-n-tear parts for the truck
- Help with rotation of trucks for maintenance
- Help with verification of truck assignment before drivers leave
- Train new drivers as needed
- Inspect trucks as needed looking for any DOT/safety issues
- Assist the furniture team on special projects
- Help maintain hand trucks and other driver’s delivery equipment
- Work with dispatch as needed to meet the needs of our customers
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience driving box trucks
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs.
- Clean driving record
- Must be over 21 years old
- Familiar with directions in DC, MD and VA
- No CDL required
- Submit your resume with salary requirements
- Daytime Monday through Friday schedule
- Compensation commensurate to experience. Experienced get more!
- Full benefits package
- Work/life balance
- Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate With Experience
Miller's is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Driving 14 ft. 26 ft. trucks: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Trucking freight handling: