** US ARMY ACTIVE DUTY FULL TIME ENLISTMENT OR US ARMY RESERVE PART TIME ENLISTMENT**
No experience required...we will train you!
Someone who wish to pursue an Army career must meet the following criteria
· be a Green Card holder (Permanent Resident) or US Citizen
· be 17 -34 Years of Age
· be in good physical condition
· have a police record clean of any felony convictions or convictions of violence acts
· have at minimum a high school diploma or GED
· be able to pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) Test
Correction Officer (Internment/resettlement specialists) are primarily responsible for day-to-day operations in a military confinement/correctional facility or detention/internment facility.
- Supervision of confinement and detention operations
- External security to facilities
- Counseling/guidance to individual prisoners within a rehabilitative program
- Records of prisoners/internees and their programs
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an internment/resettlement specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Military laws and jurisdictions
- Self-defense and use of firearms
- Interpersonal communications skills
- Search/restraint and custody/control procedures
- Interest in law enforcement
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Remain calm under heavy duress
Required ASVAB Score(s)Skilled Technical (ST): 95
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with federal, state and local law enforcement.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- New York City Police Dept.
- Louisville Metro Police
- Clearwater PD
- Alabama Department of Corrections
- Las Vegas Metro Police Department
- Kansas Highway Patrol
- City of Chicago
- Baltimore Police Department
- Corpus Christi Police Department
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver License (Required)
- Social Security Card (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement