Corvid Technologies is seeking an experienced high-performance computing (HPC) software developer to join our development group in Mooresville, NC. This position will provide an opportunity for talented candidates to advance state-of-art technology that supports Corvid's endeavor to deliver timely and accurate engineering solutions to our customers.
Representative Duties and Tasks:
- Lead and participate in the research, design and development of Corvid's high-fidelity multi-physics modeling tools, which include but not limit to CFD, FEA, heat transfer, and fluid/structure interaction etc.
- Collaborate with application engineers/customers, analyze real-world problems, and provide robust and fast turn-around solutions.
- Design, prototype, and implement advanced algorithms that can improve simulation speed and accuracy.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Applied Mathematics with dissertation requiring significant programming/algorithm development effort.
- Strong background in both Numerical Mathematics and Computer Science (algorithms, data structures, etc.). Related course works are highly desired.
- Proficient in Fortran, C++11 or later, and shell scripting languages.
- Direct experience in creating and implementing parallel/concurrent algorithms for high performance computing systems.
- Direct experience in implementing software systems for parallel explicit or implicit three-dimensional PDE solvers.
- Familiar with MPI and multithreading packages, such as CUDA, TBB and OpenMP.
- Ability to write clear, elegant, and maintainable codes.
- Familiar with version control, continuous integration and software testing tools.
- An open-minded team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- US citizen or permanent resident only.
- GPA 4.0 or higher (if your school allows).
- Direct experience in optimizing algorithms for speed.
- Direct experience in building simulation system based upon MPI+X hybrid programming model for modern HPC systems.
- 5 years of industry experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 5 years (Required)