Are you an experienced barista?
Looking to stay in coffee, but want "normal" Monday-Friday hours?
Do you bleed customer service?
Can you strike up a conversation with anyone?
Infuse Hospitality is looking for an outgoing, hard working, and charismatic barista for two of our cafes: one in Lincoln Park...the other in River North.
We are a unique operation that integrates experienced specialty coffee shops inside of other businesses (check out our website below for more details). We have access to and serve a variety of craft coffee roasters including Metric, Passion House, Stumptown, Verve, and Colectivo. We are a hospitality-driven operation looking to treat our in office cafe customers with a best-in-class experience with superb coffee knowledge and excellent customer service. We also want to make speciality coffee approachable and friendly, without an air of pretense.
This particular role could be full or part time, with cafe operation hours hours between 7:30am-3:30pm Monday through Friday.(No weekends).
- Dialing in coffee to the best tasting parameters (and tasting those parameters daily)
- Pouring Latte Art in Espresso Beverages
- Light food prep
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, quality standards, and bar rules, policies and procedures. Create drinks to order to our standards
- Completes opening/midday/closing checklist (based on shift)
- Performs mid-shift tasks and cleaning
- Identify customer needs and make recommendation for new products
- Manages ordering product, inventory, and waste
- Works with the team on coaching, training, and best practices
- Delivers excellent customer service with a professional demeanor
- Create a unique atmosphere (a third place) that encourages coffee culture and collaboration inside of other businesses.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Must be able to have effortless conversations and be comfortable interacting with people.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must have a strong desire to exceed customer expectations
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
- Consistently works to improve and grow
- Understands how to keep refrigeration equipment and storage clean and organized
- Possesses working knowledge of specialty coffee and demonstrates desire to grow
- This position will be 25-40 hours.
- Pay is based on experience level and ability to make a unique culture inside of our office concept cafes.
- Benefits are available after 90 day Introductory Period
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
- speciality coffee: 2 years (Required)