At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
As part of the Operational Risk Data and Analytics team, the Analytic Consultant will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation, and execution of advanced analytic capabilities for across the Corporate Operational Risk Oversight Team. The team member will be responsible for statistical modelling, advanced analytics, and/ or ad-hoc advanced query development necessary for the identification and resolution of risks spanning multiple operational risk types and lines of business. In addition, the team member will be required to utilize/ test various data sources to identify optimal use of analytical application of industry-leading experimental techniques or exploratory data analytics.
Specifically, a successful candidate will:
- Develop data driven analytics capabilities to identify anomalies, outliers, emerging trends and operational risks across the Enterprise.
- Leverage various analytic techniques to extract value and insights from unstructured risk data.
- Assist peer stakeholders with operational risk strategy development to identify emerging trends, risks, etc.
- Responsible for performing highly complex activities related to business analysis and/or modeling.
- Responsible for senior level consulting partnerships including delivery of findings and recommendations.
- Leverage various analytic techniques (analytical, statistical modeling, stochastic and/or forecasting methods) to extract value and insights from unstructured risk data.
- Partner with Corporate Model Risk to ensure alignment with relevant policies, guidelines, and best practices.
Preferred locations are Wilmington - DE, Minneapolis, Des Moines, Charlotte, or San Francisco; however, other Wells Fargo locations may be considered.
Want to learn more about our team? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLE_uaMLmlc&t=0s&list=PL1wnNCsFZfFVW7aX
10+ years of experience in analytics, modeling or a combination of both; or a PhD in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 7+ years of experience in analytics, modeling, or a combination of both
6+ years of SQL experience
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years experience with at least one of the following programming/computing software: Python, R or SAS
- Experience using Teradata Aster, especially its Text analytics functions or SAS Text-miner
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated experience leading advanced analytics projects.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis.
- Proven experience in building partnerships, collaborating and influencing at senior levels and across lines of business as well as with corporate partners.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.