Meet our professionals
An employer of choice offering a global health and wellness program
CGI Federal is looking for experienced Support Associates to support the Houston Passport Agency. The ideal candidates should possess excellent communication skills, have experience in working with customers in a front facing capacity, and have the ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US Citizenship is required. The selected candidate must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 45lbs. This position may require long hours of standing. As a result, the selected candidate will be expected to be able to stand and walk around the worksite for the entirety of their shift.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Operate various equipment for high speed scanning, mail out, and metering of mail.
- Prepare and mail envelopes with correct passport and corresponding supporting documents.
- Box and archive files for storage purposes.
- Interface with passport applicants at Agency/Center Information and Will-Call counters:
o At the Information Station, ensure appointment is scheduled;
o Review passport application, photograph, identification and supporting documentation for completeness prior to adjudication;
o Ensure the application and documents comply with Passport requirements, photograph meets Passport standards, and customer is provided fee information.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Prior to distributing to applicants, print and review passport books for accuracy and quality.
- Process refund/reimbursement requests.
- Generate a credit card payment from the applicant and distribute completed batches to the Cashier's Office. Verify all completed transactions and run designated reports.
- Assist with Acceptance Agent training: prepare training materials, conduct "meet-and- greets," set-up training sessions, conduct office tours, etc.
- Assist CSM in maintaining and cataloging electronic records of passport acceptance facilities.
- Contact applicants to request necessary documents.
- Resolve undeliverable mail items by contacting the customer and appropriately documenting all actions taken in a SharePoint application.
- Per the guidance of DOS Passport Specialists, generate correspondence to resolve application discrepancies, including: Return to Sender (RTS), Rewrites and Re-issues, and re-batch into the system.
What you can expect from us:
- Follow a number of specific procedures in completing several repetitive clerical steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence, such as coding and filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file, simple posting to individual accounts, opening mail, running mail through metering machines, and calculating and posting charges to departmental accounts
- HS diploma or GED
- Three years of general office experience
- Two years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically Microsoft Office
- Capable of performing repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work in one place and traverse the office on a continuing basis
- Must maintain constant awareness of all aspects of internal and external security
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship and an ability to obtain an MRPT clearance is required
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.