Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of mill processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.
- Assists Quality Manager in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System including the Quality Manual, Quality System Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and Instructions. Conduct internal Quality System audits per ISO 9001/AS91000 and NADCAP requirements.
- Plans and conducts analysis, inspection, and testing of products to assure that quality standards are met and maintained.
- Lead Supplier Quality activities including Quality System audits, supplier performance evaluations, and supplier development.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records. Makes recommendations to prevent errors and create conformance to requirements an inherent part of each mill operation.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods to process and product audits to analyze data for evaluating current processes and continuous process improvement changes.
- Reviews and approves all testing procedures to assure compliance with industry and customer requirements. This includes customer drawings, prints and specifications.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures and reviews and revises operating instructions to ensure achievement of the required level of product quality.
- Develops innovative approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards including ISO 9001/AS91000and NADCAP.
- Travels to customers to support mill quality procedures, policies and goals.
Additional Responsibilities (as assigned by Department Manager or General Manager)
- Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Metallurgical experience preferred. Aerospace experience preferred.
- A working knowledge in established quality methodologies such as), Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Control Plan, Lean Manufacturing, Internal Auditing, Statistical Process Control (SPC), and Corrective & Preventive Action Problem Solving Disciplines.
- Must be computer literate and able to use programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Mini Tab and Microsoft Project.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.