NBBJ is guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions—Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others—to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ - Seattle in a Project Accountant role.
We are looking for someone to join our Finance team. Someone who will oversee project accounting for a diverse set of projects. We are looking for someone who loves to collaborate closely with Project Managers and accounting team members to ensure the integrity and timeliness of project accounting information in a multi-company, multi-currency environment. If you are searching for a position that is both dynamic and rewarding, you’ve come to the right place.
Your New Role:
What you will Need to Succeed:
- Gain an understanding of project scope and contract terms to accurately set up and maintain projects in NBBJ’s system
- Assist Project Managers with development and updating of project plans and labor forecasts.
- Work with project managers to prepare monthly client invoices that accurately reflect contract billing terms.
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with policy.
- Respond to inquiries from clients, consultants and team members in professional, efficient and timely manner
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and assist Project Managers with collections.
- Ensure consultants are paid in accordance with contract terms.
- Ensure project costs are recorded properly; coordinate and prepare project labor and expense adjustments.
- Gain a basic understanding of tax requirements impacting projects.
- Maintain contract files in accordance with guidelines and perform contract file audits to ensure files are complete and accurate.
- Assist in review and posting of other project accountants’ work.
- Assist in the collection and posting of timesheets.
- Educate others to better understand project accounting and project reporting.
- Prepare miscellaneous project financial analyses.
- Consult and collaborate with others to ensure best practices.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Business with emphasis in accounting or finance preferred
Minimum of 3 years project cost accounting & general ledger experience
Proficiency in MS Excel and Word; experience with Deltek Vision a plus
Ability to work independently or in highly collaborative manner depending on the situation; must consistently meet deadlines
Ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
Attention to detail, accuracy, and persistence
Excellent 360 degree communication skills
Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
Excellent planning and organizational skills
Energetic, high level of initiative
Please visit our Career Center to apply on-line:
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer