What You'll Do
ArcBest® is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest team? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Student Worker, Safety Compliance to join the ArcBest team. The Student Worker, Safety Compliance is responsible for the qualification of independent contractors, owners, and vehicles ensuring compliance with Company safety policies and procedures, all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, safety requirements, and rules.
Your contribution may include:
- Perform pre-qualification contractor minimum qualification standard reviews.
- Process and review criminal background reports, motor vehicle records (MVR), previous employment verifications (VOE), Pre-Employment Screening Program (PSP) and accident/ incident reports ensuring that candidates meet all company safety policies and procedures as well as applicable federal, state, and local regulations, safety requirements, and rules.
- Ensure that candidates are registered in the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse (DACH), sign a query release, accept query and consent requests, and review query results for candidates that are prohibited from operating a commercial motor vehicle.
- Complete and review previous work verification history for candidates to include regulated driving experience and history in accordance with federal regulations.
- Input qualified independent contractor, owner, and vehicle information into Company systems.
- Review all newly qualified independent contractor, owner, and vehicle qualification files and required documents for accuracy and compliance with applicable federal regulations and Company policies.
- Coordinate and process vehicle add-ons, upgrades, and change requests.
- Review and enter safety performance history of qualified independent contractors listed in the Minimum Qualification Standard Review (MQSR) into Company systems.
- Perform independent contractor safety compliance reviews for re-lease approval process.
- Respond to previous work verification requests for former independent contractors to comply with federal regulations.
- Collaborate and assist with various internal departments (Medical, Recruiting, Maintenance) to streamline the onboarding process and accurately qualify contractors and equipment into the ArcBest/Panther Fleet.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Student Worker, Safety Compliance, you will be a member of the ArcBest Expedite: Claims and Safety team in Medina, OH. This position is a part-time position that will average fewer than 30 hours per week. Work hours generally fall between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with occasional irregular hours depending on workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Currently pursuing a college degree.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Are you currently enrolled in college? If so, please tell us which college and your expected graduation date.
Work Location: One location