SAIC is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Business Development Operations to work in our Reston, VA office.
The ideal candidate will have experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with minimal supervision. This person must be extremely well organized, flexible, adaptable, agile and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting the VP of Business Development Operations and BD Operations leadership team in a diverse project environment. Candidate must have the ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high degree of proficiency. Absolute confidentiality is crucial to this role. Candidate must have the ability to interact with customers (internal and external), with diplomacy, professionalism and positivity. Candidate must exercise independent judgment, initiative, and tact as well as make administrative decisions and take actions on behalf of the executive leaders supported, applying knowledge of the company organization, policies and personnel. Candidate must be able to operate in a dynamic and a team environment, including interaction with other key administrative personnel and executive leadership across the enterprise.
- Plan, schedule and set-up meetings, including off-site activities and conference calls; complete travel arrangements and expense reports; manage phone, correspondence and calendar; assist with staffing needs; handle catering requirements; maintain organizational charts and distribution lists.
- Establish and maintain files of business meetings, reports, briefings and records of a confidential nature such as personnel reports, correspondence, and other proprietary information such as that related to financial performance.
- Utilize purchasing systems for procurement of office materials, consultant services and corporate memberships and other business specific needs.
- Assist leadership in the preparation of presentation materials to include set-up and leading major WebEx and VTC sessions.
- Utilize business opportunity tracking and registration systems.
- Review and manage various reports and documents, including preparation of background documents as necessary.
- Lead the administration of several major projects/tasks, including SAIC’s sales incentive program (requires handling of confidential information), corporate memberships (requires coordination with both internal and external constituents) and administrative responsibilities associated with our business development training program
- The position may require occasional overtime.
Required Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of specialized administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature at a senior level.
- Degree in Business or General Administration (or related field), preferred but comparable, proven experience in a similar role will be considered.
- Knowledge and understanding of government contracting environment preferred.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Enterprise system experience (e.g. Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Web-Ex, Deltek time and expense, order/opportunity tracking software, purchasing applications).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Experience creating or modifying office automation processes, including usage of various work-flow systems.
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to diagnose complex administrative issues.
- Ability to obtain a clearance a plus.