Summary of Position:
The QA Tester II is responsible for testing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. The QA Tester II will be responsible for testing in both a lab and production environments from a customer perspective.
- Ability to create test plans based off business and functional requirements
- Ability to create test cases to client specifications
- Manual and Automated test case execution
- Creation, management and triage of defects
- Basic understanding of backend infrastructure and design
- Ability to troubleshoot issues experienced during testing
- Provide daily and weekly status reporting
- Understanding of iPhone, Android and Windows mobile devices
- Comprehension and understanding of requirements for testing
- Ability to have a strong attention to detail to be able to accomplish a wide variety of tasks
- Follow written and verbal instructions from client and leads
- Understanding of JIRA for test case management, creation and execution
- Understanding of Quality Center for test case management, creation and execution
- Follow established client processes and procedures for reporting and testing
- Archive all test documentation as directed
- Night and weekend work as required by client
- Ability to work internationally for international roaming testing
- Ability to work remotely for domestic roaming testing
1. Ensures Accountability
2. Tech Savvy
3. Communicates Effectively
4. Drives Results
5. Customer Focus
7. Values Differences
This position is 25% onsite at the client site for deployments. There may be times that the QA Tester will be onsite 100%, due to project requirements. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee in this position frequently communicates with other co-workers/clients who have inquiries about the various projects and other needs. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operate a computer and office machinery such as a calculator, keyboard, copy machine and printer. Frequently moves boxes with equipment weighing up to 60lbs across the building and to other offsite buildings for various project needs.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or general equivalent 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively
- Experience with client server systems and understanding the types of issues that may arise
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to collaborate with team members and client to meet project deadlines and milestones
- Understanding of common Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile/SCRUM
- Adapt easily to shifting priorities, process changes and/or schedule changes
- Understanding of SOAP UI for test execution and SIM activation
3MD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.